Chapter Six

After I pushed Mark against the lockers, his team came to his aid. Pushing me off of him. The whole time I placed myself between Ashlynn and the footballers, I kept thinking just how in the hell I suddenly became strong enough to do that. 

Why did I even have that outburst? I have never fought back before. I have barely even argued back other than the first few times that taught me not to. Just what is happening to me.

I continued to glare at Mark as he walked off with his teammates. As he rounded the corner, finally disappearing from my sight, my anger subsided. Great now we're late.

"Come on." I grabbed Ashlynn's hand and began to pull her behind me. I pushed her into the Maths classroom as I bolted for my own.

I burst through the door into the Biology classroom and the teacher stopped in his tracks staring at me. The entire class was quiet as their watchful gazes followed me until I took my seat in the back.

"Mr Keats. Care to explain why you are late to my class?" Mr Gregory said in a concerned voice as he stood at the front of the classroom with his hands on his hips. Unlike the other teacher, Mr Gregory always dressed formally. Today was a dark Gray suit with a white business shirt.

"I had run in with the football team." I told him as I placed my bag on the top of my desk.

"Care to elaborate?" He asked as he folded his arms across his chest.

"No, sir." I told him as I pulled out the Biology textbook.

"Stay after class, I need to speak to you." He told me before he continued with his lesson.

My mind wondered how my little foster brother was doing in the orphanage. I hope that Brad does not take out his frustrations out on little David. I mean he is only nine years old.

I completely missed the lesson that Mr Gregory has taught about but to be honest, it was least of my worries at the moment.

"Mr Keats." My biology teacher began as the last of the students left his classroom. "You are one of my brightest students. Even though this is your first offence. I never thought it would come to this."

"Won't happen again." I told him with a soft smile.

"And what is this about a run in with the football team. Care to shine a light on this little activity?" He asked as he leaned forward slightly.

"No sir. It was just an accident." I told him as I began to leave his classroom.

"Malachi, you can talk to me if you need to. I am always available." He told me in a reassuring tone.

"No need." I told him and left the classroom.

I was last in my thoughts again before I realised I was now late for my Maths class. I began to hurry when soft voices caught my attention. They were coming from one of the empty classrooms on my way to Maths. I instantly recognised Ashlynn's voice but the male voice, I couldn't place.

I walked closer to the classroom wanting to hear what the conversation was about and to be honest I was not expecting to hear what I did.

"Ashlynn, you have to return home." The male voice whisper yelled to her.

"Aleksander. You know I can't." She replied in a exhausted tone. "And how the hell did you even find me?"

"You know about my talents." The male projected proudly. "And you have to. Your parents are about to sent out the guards to come find you. You know what happens if they do that." His proud voice turned to concern.

"Doesn't matter. I have a reason to stay." She said as if proud and satisfied with her statement.

"And your fiance back home, is a reason to return." He said in a matter of fact tone.