Chapter Eight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~ Malachi (POV) ~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did not just hear what I think I did. After promising me to tell the truth, she just has to come up with some insane lie that is no way possible. Is this all I mean to her? Does she think I am just some little gullible nerd that she can play with as she pleases?

"Seriously?" I asked her with a pained expression crossing my features. "I ask you tell the truth and now you pull this? I can't believe." I added as I threw my arms in the air and began to walk towards the basements stairs on the opposite side of the room.

I made it within a meter of the stairs when Ashlynn suddenly appeared in front of me as if out of thin air.

"I did not lie to you." She said with an equalled pained expression covering her face. "I am telling you the truth. I am a vampire."

"You're going to continue this charade?" I told her in awe that she actually believes what she is saying.

"It was my blood that did this to you." She said hurriedly. "It was my blood that gave you your enhanced abilities."

Then it finally clicked. She appeared out of no where. She was on the other side of the basement and then instantly she stood in front of me. I did a quick double take and then stared at her in disbelief. She can't really be a vampire, can she? I mean those things are just myths. Legends. They are not real. I kept telling myself over and over again.

"Please say something." She almost begged as a worried expression crossed her face.

"Prove it." I told her, needing to whether or not she is in fact telling the truth. "Prove it to me, that you really are a vampire."

"Okay." She said as she leaned her head back slightly and opened her mouth. Her top lip rose enough to show me her upper jaws teeth. I watched as her cuspids began to elongate. Fangs! I shouted internally. She actually has fangs. And they retract.

"Impossible." I said dumbstruck as my mind went blank.

I stared at her for a few minutes as awkward silence filled the room.

"Please say something." She ask me almost begging for me to respond.

"I -uh... I- Shit." I said as I brought my right hand up to rub my forehead. "So this is actually real? This is actually happening?"

"Yeah." She said in a soft tone with which I am assuming she is trying her hardest to not scare me away.

"You're not going to kill me, right?" I asked and immediately I knew it was a stupid question. Why would she kill me now after all we have been through.

"Haha." She laughed softly as a small smile crossed her lips. "No I'm not. I have no intention to." She finished as she clasped her hands in front of her chest in a sort of prayer position.

"But how?" I asked her trying to get my mind around the possibilities that if vampires exist, what else does?

"I was born this way." She said with a tip of her head. "I am one of the few Pure-Bloods left."

"Hold up." I said stopping her there. "How can a vampire be born? How can one give birth? You guys are essentially dead, aren't you?"

"That is a misnomer." She said as she stroked some of her hair. "It is just that our blood essential mimics a dead human's. It coagulates. However, with our bodies evolving, so does our heart. It evolves to circulate the coagulated blood. The normal bodily functions remain, however they are slightly altered."