Chapter Eleven

Ashlynn and I sat in her car at the end of the parking lot. The rain still bucketing down. We sat in silence staring at the school. I turned to her with a concerned look on my face.

"How am I supposed to face them?" I asked not knowing what I am going to do. With her blood almost out of my system, I know that I am not a fair opponent for them anymore. If they ganged up on me, I knew it would not end well for me.

"I want to say that I could just protect you, but I can't let them know about me." She replied with an equaled concerned expression. "If rumours get out, then the enforcers will find us quicker."

"We may have to leave." I told her as I looked into her eyes.

"Maybe. But I want you to finish high school here first." She replied as she lifted her left wrist to her lips and bit into it. As she retracted her fangs she passed me her wrist. "You need to drink. But don't take too much. If you do, you may not be able to control the lust."

"Like last time?" I asked with a smirk, as a blush crept onto my cheeks.

"Yes, like last time." She giggled and then let out a soft moan as my lips came into contact with her wrist. I drank a few mouthfuls, feeling the power flood through my system. I know I should not get used to this, but it felt so damn good.

Once I was finished, I kissed the back of her hand softly, muttering a thank you. We both got out of the car with our umbrella's raised high. She quickly came up to my side and I clasped my right hand in her left. We quickly walked into school with smiles on our faces we closed our umbrellas.

We walked through the corridors hand in hand as everyone turned to stare at us. Some of the boys had jealous looks on their faces, while blushes crept up on the girls cheeks. Some of the boys held ominous expressions which I am attributing to what I did yesterday.

We separated ways for the first period, with me going to Biology and Ashlynn going to Maths. Even though we were in the same building, I could not help but feel lonely. I wanted her by my side. I needed her to be there right alongside me. That is all I wanted.

Halfway through Biology class the Principal made a surprise visit to the classroom for the express purpose of calling me and some of the football team to his office. Once we arrive, I found that the boys that were involved in the incident when I left school yesterday were all there.

Some had bandages over there arms, some with bruised cheeks, cut lips, and black eyes. None looked happy to see me at all. Especially Mark, who stared at me with hatred in his eyes.

"So boys, mind telling me what happened yesterday?" The principal, who was close to retiring, with a white crop of hair, spoke to all at once. His light grey suit giving him a professional look. When no one answered he chuckled softly. "Well, not all at once, please."

Mark was the first to speak. "He attacked us, unprovoked." He spat with hatred.

"Please." I said lacing my voice with sarcasm. "You all have had it out for me since I started this school. Then when Ashlynn showed interest in me. Your puny little egos couldn't handle it. You came at me. You wanted a fight. Nine against one?" I laughed as I kept the stare on Mark's eyes. "Yet I attacked you? Explain how that is possible?"

"Malachi makes a point there Mark." The principal said which to be honest surprised me. He has never taken my side. Why the change of heart all of a sudden. It just didn't make sense. "I have seen how he is treated, and he is most certainly not one to seek out trouble."

"Sir, you can't be serious?" Mark stood up and then winced slightly. "How else do you explain that it is only our side that has injuries and he is untouched."