Chapter Twenty

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~  No POV  ~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Malachi ran faster than anytime he did before. He used every bit of power within his body and used it to increase his speed. He ran across the country in mere minutes until he came upon the shore of north Carolina. Crystal Coast to be exact.

He stopped as he overlooked the ocean before him. He now knew that Ashlynn, his Beloved, was in Romania. Now he just needed a way to get there. His right hand come up to his throat as he rubbed it slightly. His hunger was growing and he would need to sate it soon.

He lifted his head as took in a deep sniff. Filtering out the overabundance of the salt in the air, he found what he was looking for. The soft scent of vampire blood. Even here he found some. They sure do get around. But he knew that he had to be quick. He couldn't waste time with this needless act.

He ran through the towns, and then to the cities. He killed any and all vampires that crossed his path.As well as the ones he went out to find. Just over two hours later, he killed over six hundred and nineteen vampires. Now he stood within the basement to a high school looking at the last vampire within the next ten miles.

This vampire was older than the rest. Smarter. Stronger. But so was Malachi. He knew that he would win eventually. But he couldn't shake the feeling that this vampire standing in front of him, in a dark blue suit and white tie with a light blue tie around his neck, had something more to him than at first expected.

Malachi stood watching the older vampire taking note of the slight grey touching his temples. The soft wrinkles now lining the vampires forehead.

"So you are the Scourge of Vampires?" The older man said as if amused by the title that the vampires seemed to have for Malachi. It has only been two hours before he began his annihilation but still the name got around. "You are more than I expected. I assumed it would be an Elder, but you? You are barely out of the newborn stage. A child compared to me."

"Doesn't matter." Malachi said with a hiss to his voice. He felt the anger well within him and he knew that feeding off this vampire would take his powers to knew heights. He was concerned at how he knew that, but at that moment he knew, it wasn't the time for such thoughts.

"Oh, but it does." The older vampire said with a laugh. "You are a vampire, yet you kill and feed off your own kind." His laugh stopped and his expression adopted a more confused one. "But then again, you aren't just a vampire, are you?"

"I don't know what I am." Malachi told him as he took a step forward, indicating his willingness to get this over. But something stopped him. It wasn't fear towards the older vampire, but rather an unwillingness to kill someone that might hold information as to what he was.

"Good." The older vampire said with a chuckle. "It means the Archivers have done their jobs well."

"Enough!" Malachi said as he knew that time was running out. He needed to end things now and head towards Ashlynn. He needed her by his side and he would not let this vampire stand in his way. Regardless if he only brought more questions than answers.

Malachi lunged for the older vampire who seemed taken aback by the amount of speed Malachi possessed. A worried look appeared on his face as he dodged to the right, using his own impressive speed. But he was not fast enough.

Malachi zoomed past him until he came up behind the older vampire. He punched the vampire in the lower back causing his to fly into the wall opposite them. The wall cracked under the pressure and began to slowly fissure upwards towards the ceiling. Both the vampire and Malachi didn't seem to worry.