Sleeping With A Vampire

Natsumi's POV

It was about 2:30 in the morning. We were at school. I had ended up being in a separate class from Yui, but in the same one as Subaru. Subaru and I both sat at the back of the class, and due to his terrifying aura and my cold one, everyone stayed away from us. The teacher was pretty boring as well...she was trying to get him and I to interact, but we either ignored her or just hummed in response to her questions and such. I had also received strange looks from everyone, due to my lack of wearing the real school uniform. I had never been much into skirts, so I had swapped the giant puffy one out for a pair of short black shorts. I wore the dress shirt and the stupid pink bow and necktie we were supposed to wear, but I didn't take to the blazer, so I'd grabbed my cat hoodie and pulled that on instead. I also pulled on the thigh high stockings that went with the uniform, and my converse. None of the teachers had seemed to care, so I didn't care either. But then again I never did to begin with.

When the bell rang, I noticed Subaru giving me a look.

"What?"I asked shortly. He shrugged.

"Do you wanna skip the next class? I can show you where you can. You're looking pretty tired...."Subaru said. I shrugged.

"Sure,"I answered. He sighed, stood, and motioned for me to follow and I did. We walked down the hallway, all the while both of us getting stared at. Subaru kept glancing at me for some reason, but I didn't ask why. I didn't feel like talking to the boys, after yesterday things were annoying. He lead me to the roof, and then pointed at a bench. I went and sat down on it and stayed quiet.

"Is there a reason you're not talking?"he asks. I glance at him as he sits down beside me. I shake my head. "I can't hear rocks shaking around in your head, use your voice and answer me." I snorted. Father used to say that.

"I don't talk much to anyone,"I replied softly. He raises an eyebrow.

"Why not?"

"Relationships with other people are unimportant,"I answer. He gave me a weird look.

"That makes little to no sense at all,"Subaru replied. I shrugged. I looked up at the sky. "Tell me about yourself."

"Nothing to tell,"I replied boredly. He sighed and leaned back against the bench, resting his arms behind his head.

"Is that what you think?"he asks. I glance at him and stay silent. "Humans are like stars. Every star seems unimportant, and every one we currently see above us is already dead. But every star has a name, and is part of a constellation, an overall story of the universe. Every story should be told, which is why scientists care to look into finding out how we can leave our solar system." I snorted. This kid was interesting. The other vampires, actually, MOST other vampires, were stoic. Or very well upheld. They all had high mannerisms. Stuck up beings who care only for themselves. But this one seemed different. He actually wanted to hear my story. Maybe it was a way to cure his boredom, but he actually asked to know. Father wouldn't appreciate me talking to a vampire. Well, since I'm a half human half demon, turned into a huntress, I guess most people would tell me to slice this guys head off right now.

"I have a story. But my story is only for those who can see it,"I replied. He glanced at me.

"A bit cryptic, don't you think?"he asked. I hummed.

"Sure. But isn't live full of cryptic stories? Metaphors? Unexplainable events?"I answered. He stopped talking. I suddenly felt myself sway. Fuck! Not now, not now! My vision went blurry. See....I don't really ever sleep. And when I do? It's because I end up passing out from the lack of sleep. Usually I last longer, but because of yesterday things must be different.