A Cold Blue

Natsumi's POV

When I woke up, I heard laughing. I saw light shining on my face. I blinked a couple of times. Something was wrapped around me. I glanced back and in the light I saw a sleeping Subaru. My eyes widened. My gaze shifted towards the light and I saw Laito and Ayato standing there where the curtain was parted. Laito was bent over at the waist with his hand over his mouth, laughing. Ayato was just staring at us with a huge grin. I frowned. Subaru stirred beside me and his arms released me.

"Wha- AYATO! LAITO!"he exclaimed in shock. I sat up and glanced at him. His cheeks had turned slightly red. Ayato burst out laughing and Laito fell to the floor.

"Ahaha-oh my god, you were cuddling! Not even two full days here and you've slipped into her bed? Man,"Laito cackled. I felt a blush creeping up on my cheeks.

"Wha-STOP LAUGHING! And what the hell are you doing in here anyways!?"Subaru demanded glaring at the two. Ayato shrugged.

"I wanted to taste the new girls blood,"Ayato answered. He gazed at me. "It's just about dinner time." I frowned at him. "Have you tasted her yet, Subaru?"

"No. It's not like I'd want to anyways,"Subaru sighed. He disappeared. Laito gets off the floor.

"Aw. We scared him away,"Laito sighed. He gazed at me. He sat next to me on the bed. "Where do you want it, kitten?" I stare at him.

"I don't..."I trail off.

"Come on, we'll even be soft on you for your first time,"Laito promised. Ayato scoffed. He sat down next to me on the opposite side.

"Speak for yourself,"Ayato said. I held up a hand.

"I didn't tell you guys everything, and you need to know before you drink my blood,"I told them quickly. They gazed at me and then exchanged a look of confusion. "I'm...."

"Well. It seems I picked the right moment to interrupt,"a voice spoke. I looked up and saw Reiji standing there with his arms crossed.

"Ah-Reiji,"I said quietly.

"What's the deal here? You promised to let us drink your blood in exchange for the room. So don't fight it,"Reiji reminded me. He gazed into my eyes. "Or have you forgotten."

"She hasn't forgotten. She just hasn't told us everything about herself,"another voice said. Subaru. I saw Subaru in the chair beside my bed. His gaze was hard as he looked at me. "She's a demon." Everyone gaped. I gaped at Subaru.

"Wha- how did you-"I stuttered.

"I smelled it on you. You still smell different from demons. Explain,"he demanded. I gazed at him. He was kind earlier, what's the deal now? Shu and Yui were suddenly in the room also. The only one that wasn't here was Kanato....which I was kind of ok with. He scared me a little bit. I frowned. I hadn't wanted to tell Yui at all....do I really have to tell them now? With her standing there? I know it's ridiculous but I wanted to keep Yui innocent and pure, like I always remembered her. I gazed at Yui, her red/pink eyes staring back into mine. I guess since she's one of them now....it's not so bad if she knows. I frowned as I gazed at her. But I still don't want to.....Whatever it's not worth all this...stress. 

"Yes. I am a demon. Only..."I trailed off. My gaze slid across everyone as they each bore a different version of the same reaction. "I'm not full-blood demon. I'm half. I wasn't transformed into one, like the reaction to a curse or anything. My father is someone I'd rather not mention, but he was the demon. And my mother was the human." Yui's face was a written one of shock and disgust. I frowned. 

"You didn't.....I thought.....you lied to me?"Yui accused, sounding hurt. I shook my head frantically. 

"No, no, I didn't lie. I didn't find out until six months ago, when father died. Then I started searching for you, and sort of got tangled up in things,"I defended myself. She shook her head at me.