Hearing What You Shouldn't

Nastumi's POV

When I woke up, Subaru was also asleep. His face was buried in the crook of my neck, and I felt my heart beat faster. Not because I was worried he would bite me in his sleep, I can tell you that's for sure. I sigh. 

"Subaru,"I muttered quietly. His arms tightened around me. I felt myself turn red. "Subaru, let go, it's time to wake up." He buried his face deeper into my neck. 

"No,"he growled. 

"Yes,"I replied. "Come on, I wouldn't wake you but you're kinda holding me hostage here." Subaru hums. His lips brushed against my neck and I almost made a noise that probably would've made this situation worse. 

"Give me your blood and I'll get up,"he told me. I swallowed. 

"Fine, just get up,"I sighed in defeat. He rolled over so that he was on top of me, one of his knees going in between both of mine. I turned red. "Hey, wait, right now?!" 

"Of course right now,"Subaru replied. He turned my face to the left, and pushed my hair aside exposing my neck. He licked a small area and I suddenly felt hot. Oh my god, I can't do this.... His fangs brushed my neck and he bit me ever so gently. I made a noise that can only be described as pleasure. He drank and pulled away. "Wow...." I was glad he couldn't see me because the curtains were closed on us. "Your blood is incredible...."He bit me again and I gasped. Why....do I feel like this?  I didn't with the other brothers... Subaru's arms went around me, lifting me off the bed and closer to him. My hands gripped the front of his shirt. He buried his fangs deeper into my neck. I felt our auras brush, but this time....for some reason....it didn't bother me. They connected and Subaru swallowed more and more of my blood. 

"Subaru....take this dagger,"a voice whispered. There was a woman in a cage. She looked like Subaru in feminine form...and she was in despair. A voice laughed and broke me from his memory quickly. 

"My my, you seem to have turned her on brother,"the voice sounded. Subaru dropped me and turned to see Laito, who was holding the curtains open and gazing at us with a wide grin. I turn redder. "Man, you really DID turn her on. Tell me, how did you manage to do that so easily?" I look away. Subaru turns and looks back down at me. I glance up at him and see his face growing red. "I came to tell the both of you that dinner is ready. Oh, and Natsumi, there's some sweeter things today. Kanato made sure of that." Laito disappeared. I sighed. Subaru climbed off of me and I sat up. 

"Why does he appear at the most inopportune moments?"I sighed, annoyed. Subaru just sat still behind me. I glanced at him. "What's wrong?" He stared at the floor. 

"If he hadn't shown up, I might not've stopped,"Subaru replied. I wrinkled my eyebrows. 

"What do you mean?"I asked, confused. Because of the memory?

"Your blood is like a drug,"Subaru clarified. "It's incredible. I wouldn't have been able to stop before nearly killing you, that's how much power it holds over me." He gazed at me, his eyes saying something that I couldn't quite understand. 

"Is that bad?"I asked. He gazed at me surprised. Subaru slowly raised his hand out and touched my cheek lightly. He caressed my face, and I felt my heart skip a beat. 

"No,"Subaru replied. He disappeared. I sighed. I stood up and changed into my school outfit and then pulled my hoodie on again. I left the room and headed down the stairs, stopping when I saw Shu leaning against a wall close to me. He opened his eyes and looked at me. 

"Don't fall for Subaru,"Shu spoke quietly. I frowned. What? "You'll regret it."

"What? Why?"I asked. Shu was gone before I'd finished getting the question out. What does he mean by that? God, these vampires are so confusing. I sighed and walked down the stairs, heading into the dining room. I sat down and noticed all the sweet things on the table. Kanato, who was sitting in his usual spot, turned around and grinned at me. I smiled at him in thanks and he seemed surprised. In fact, so did all of the brothers. Yui was normal. "What?"