Rescue Call

Natsumi's POV

Eventually I felt a presence in the room with me. Annoyed, I looked up to tell whoever it was that I didn't want to be bothered. I saw that it was Ruki. He was gazing at me with a curious look, and his eyes bore directly into me.

"What?"I asked him, annoyed that he was staring. "What do you want?"

"I came to tell you that I apologize for Kou's rough behavior. He says what he thinks when he wants,"Ruki told me quietly. He was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"Yeah, well, it's nothing I'm not used to,"I replied, frowning. I looked down at the bed.

"Was he right about you?"He asked. I looked at him and blinked. "Did a guy really hurt you?"

"That's none of your concern,"I told him. "If you wish to keep me here, I don't care anymore. I was just a blood bank to the Sakamaki's. I'm used to being a blood bank already." Ruki gazed at me emotionlessly. I stared back. He walked over to the bed and sat on the right side of it close to me. He reached out and pulled me to him, moving my hair away from my neck.

"What you say is true. There are fang marks. Whoever drank here really buried his fangs into you, didn't he?"Ruki observed. I sighed. "Well. I'll be honest with you. We need your blood for our plan."

"What plan?"I asked. He said nothing and instead bit me. I ground my teeth as he drank my blood. His lips were cool, but as he drank my blood I felt a warming sensation spread throughout my body. It felt good..... but it was odd. Somehow it didn't compare to something. I couldn't tell what....but I just knew with my being that it didn't feel the way I wanted it to. As Ruki was drinking my blood....I realized what it was. I had been slowly comparing everyone to Subaru. Ruki released me and gazed at me with shock.

"Your blood is so sweet,"He whispered. Some of it dripped from the corner of his mouth and in a flash I saw a memory. It was the day that had happened when I was 7.

"Remember little Natsumi,"he told me. "Even in death you can not escape me."

In a fast movement, I jumped away from Ruki and over to the end of the bed. He gaped at me. I brought my hands up to my head. No...No, not again....

"Eve?"Ruki asked. I ignored him. Not this again, please, I can't. How did that bring the memory back? I buried it, there's no way. Unless these vampires had a connection to him..."Eve!"

"My name is Natsumi, dammit!"I screamed at him. He stared at me in shock. I sighed. "I'm sorry...can you just leave me alone for a bit?" Ruki disappeared and I sighed out a breath I didn't realize I'd been holding.

Natsumi....

I flinched back at the voice I'd heard. Subaru?

Natsumi.....we're coming for you.

I sighed and moved back to lean against the headboard again, grabbing my phone and turning my music on again. I brought my knees up and buried my head in them.

Kou's POV

Ruki appeared and sat down on the couch. I gazed at him.

"What's troubling you?"I asked. He rolled his eyes.

"For just once, could you NOT read my heart?"Ruki sighed at me.

"I wasn't...that was just observation,"I replied, frowning. He glanced at me and picked his book up to read. "So she won't come out, I take it?"

"I didn't ask her, but I can just assume she probably won't be coming out for a while,"Ruki answered, opening the book. He began to read.

"Tch, Livestock should just be livestock. Shouldn't be so damned complicated,"Yuma scoffed, annoyed. I looked at him.