I Hope She Doesn't Notice

Natsumi's POV

As I walked away from Subaru, I felt a realization hit me.

It's funny that the person you've searched for and cared for, who you've given up six months of your life for, can say say one thing and damage you so easily.  That's ok though.

I turned the corner to head to the front of the school. Class had gotten out as I was leaving the roof, and I was heading towards the limo quickly. The hallways were becoming crowded fast, and I knew the only way to escape was to run to the limo before the brothers came outside. They were pretty popular with the girls, just as Yui was popular with the boys. They're so popular that all of their fangirls had cornered me the day before, demanding to know why I was suddenly living with the Sakamaki brothers. When they'd learned I was Yui's sister, they all became jealous of me. It apparently gained me favor with the boys though, I'd found that out as most of them have been staring at me. I spotted the limo and made a run for it.

It's ok because no one else will ever damage me like that ever again. How can anyone damage me now if I put up my wall of ice?

I climbed in when I reached it and took my seat in the corner to wait for everyone else. I panted. My boobs made it hard to run, but I somehow always managed to push past that. The first brother to climb into the limo was Ayato. He saw me and immediately grinned.

"Ah, Melons you're here!"Ayato spoke grinning at me. I frowned.

"Melons?"I asked. He grinned wider and his eyes trailed to my breasts. I felt heat rise to my cheeks as a natural reaction. I quickly attempted to cross my arms over them. "Idjit." Ayato frowned and rolled his eyes.

"Don't get so offended, Double D. It's all purely light of heart,"Ayato informed me. I blushed more at "Double D". What a sick perv. I thought. "Now then, give me your blood." I shook my head. He glared. "You're refusing?"

"Not at school. I will later,"I replied, crossing my arms.

"Promise?"He asked. I made a face.

"What are you three? Yes I promise,"I sighed at him. I reached into my hoodie pocket and pulled out my iPhone. I plugged the earbuds in.

"Awwww tuning us out already, Kitten? We haven't even gotten started,"I heard a whine from beside me. I glanced over and saw Laito. I gazed at him as I put each earbud in my ear. He grinned at me. "The way your eyes pierce me is enjoyable, Lovely." I turned my gaze down to my phone screen and began to scroll through my music. I pressed shuffle with a sigh and clicked the screen. When "Pop That Thang" by Caked Up came on, Laito and Ayato gazed at me with an interested look. Ayato said something to Laito and I read his lips.

"Interesting choice for a girl like her,"he had said. I rolled my eyes. Slowly the other vampires got into the limo with us. Beside me was Laito, followed by Ayato, Kanato, Subaru, Shu, Reiji, and Yui. Yui gave me a small glance and turned her attention out the window. I ignored her and listened to my music. As we drove I began to realize how far out the mansion really was from the city. I heard the song end and it switched to Like A River by Bishop Briggs. The vampires were all quiet and I knew they were listening to my music with me. I even noticed that Shu had his earbuds out and was sitting with his eyes closed. My eyes slowly traced over to Subaru, and I caught him staring at me. He looked away with a little red tint to his cheeks. I blinked and looked away from him. I felt red rise up to my cheeks as well and then I mentally hit myself. Why are you blushing? He's a vampire, don't tell me you're falling for him. I sighed and turned my attention to the window. Before I knew it we were pulling into the circle drive at the mansion. I was the last to get out, and then I remembered I would be meeting up with my contact today. I went inside and found Reiji. He was walking to his room.