Visions Revealed

Natsumi's POV

For the next few days, Subaru and I were pretty much joined at the hip. It just confused me all the more. I couldn't understand. He'd said he cared about me, but caring wasn't the same as loving....was it? Did he just not have the guts to say "I love you" and falsely translated it? He hadn't shown me love, had he? Did the kiss mean something, or am I overthinking it?

While the thoughts had raced through my head, the classroom had gone dead silent. I was pulled out of my trance by hearing Subaru hiss my name under his breath. The teacher was staring at me. I blinked.

"What?"I asked. The teacher sighed and pointed to the math equation on the board. English numbers? Alright let's see. I tapped my chin as I read the equation.

"Do you need to come up here and work it out?"The teacher asked. I shook my head.

"Six divided by two times parentheses one plus two....that's nine,"I answered her. Everyone gaped at me.

"No!"I heard someone protest. My eyes flickered to Yuma, who was standing up and bracing his hands on his table. "Six divided by two times parentheses one plus two is one. You do parentheses first, which is three, multiply by two, which is six, and then divide by six. One is the answer." I stared at Yuma.

"Actually you read the equation normally from left to right. You're doing it parentheses first because of the PEMDAS rule, but parentheses only comes into play if there ARE exponents in the equation, which there aren't. So you're wrong. It's nine Teacher,"I replied. The teacher nodded in response. Yuma growled in anger and left the room, slamming the door. I sighed and slumped back in my seat. When the bell rang, I decided to ditch the rest of my classes, and went up to the roof. Subaru didn't follow me, which I guess was okay. It's not like I expected him to. Yeah you did. Shut up me.

On the roof is where I found Yuma. When he saw me his anger only refined itself into a glare again. I stared back. He ground his teeth before speaking.

"What? Here to pester me, livestock?"he growled. I rolled my eyes.

"That term doesn't apply to me anymore,"I replied. He stared at me for an explanation. "I don't have to explain. You should be able to figure it out for yourself." I moved past him and sat myself in one of the gaps between the bars on the roof. My legs dangled off the side, swimming back and forth. I knocked my heels against the cement of the building, and frowned when I realized Yuma was just staring at me. Suddenly he moved quickly, yanking me back from the spot and into his arms, brushing my hair to the side, and burying his fangs into my neck. He pulled away as quickly as he'd done it.

"Pureblood?!"he exclaimed. I didn't answer him, only attempted to free myself, but he buried his fangs into my neck again. I made a noise of protest.

"Let....go!"I shouted. He drank more of my blood in response and I began to feel weak against him, almost drunk with the noise of my blood being sucked into him. It doesn't feel bad. Yuma gripped my wrists in either hand, and his hands seemed to slowly move to where he was lacing his fingers with mine. He pulled away and licked his lips.

"You still taste sweet,"he whispered in my ear. He didn't let me go completely, but moved his left hand to tilt my face back towards him, planting his lips on mine. I heard a sudden crack ring out. With a sudden strength I shoved Yuma away from me, spotting a head of pinkish white hair disappearing through the roof door. A crushed area of the wall could be seen just beside it. Subaru. I stood up and ran after Subaru, abandoning Yuma on the roof. When I caught up to him we were in the stairwell, and he was just walking away in anger.