Serenade

Old is Gold - Weekly Question Magazine's 25th Issue!

Hey guys! It is Weekly Question Magazine's 25th issue and it feels great to be a part of a wattpad magazine. I hope all the loyal readers of this magazine will keep on reading and liking the posts that the amazing writers put up here.

For the 25th issue I decided to do something special and which is close to my heart. Didn't get it from the title? Well, this week I am going to write about the legends. Yes, the artists who were there, are there and will be there forever. I am sure that there would not be a single person in this world who listens to english music and does not know about these legends. I would like to say that these people are inevitable; you cannot avoid listening to them.

There are many legendary singers/bands that your parents used to listen to and are still very close to their hearts. Honestly, the 70's and 80s music was out of this world, you won't find those beats, those voices anymore. Even though there are exceptions but there aren't many. What I feel is that kind of music bridges up the gap between us and our parents. I am saying this on personal experience! My dad and I connect through the 80s music, you know. There are times when we'd sing Bryan Adams' and Bruce Springsteen's songs and we'd go all mad; singing them as loud as we could. Similarly, even though mine and my mom's taste of music differ a lot, I have still listened to her kind of music.

Sometimes I wish I was born in the 80s, as I would love to go to the concerts and see a young Bryan Adams performing live. I would have loved to feel that adrenaline rush when the guitar riffs of U2 entered my ears. To tell you the truth, I feel that the 80s music was the best! I have a thing for heavy voices and some hands down amazing guitar riffs and my dear reader, those bands had it all!

Some of my favorite oldies...

Michael Jackson

U2

Guns N' Roses

AC/DC

Bryan Adams

Bruce Springsteen

The Police

Blondie

Dire Straits

Bon Jovi

Pink Floyd

Iron Maiden

Scorpions

Wham

Metallica

Anthrax

The list could go on and on...

So, cheers to all those artists who gave music a new meaning; who made music more than just what we hear...!

"Music is more than what you listen, it's like hallucination"