15 You Won't Mind

I wake up by myself with a note on Toph’s pillow:

Damian,
Gone to KVRT for the show. I didn’t want to wake you. You looked peaceful. If you wake up in time, the show starts at noon. I preset the radio in the living room to the station- all you have to do is turn it on. I’ll be back as soon as I get done. We can start moving your stuff today if you want. OK, I’m rambling in a note. This is getting ridiculous. I’ll see you when I get back.
Love you,
Christopher.

Smiling, I pick up my phone to see that its 3 minutes until his interview starts. I’ll be damned if I miss it. Scrambling out of bed, I walk over to the entertainment center to power on the radio.

A commercial for car insurance comes over the speakers as I send Riel a text with the radio station my husband’s on.

“Welcome to Chat Radio with Kate and Henry where we bring you the latest and greatest from our hot list celebs,” a female voices fills my home as I walk to my kitchen. “I’m Kate and we’re here today with the amazing Topher Ashton. It’s an honor to have you on our show today, Topher.”

His easy chuckle comes out next, “Thanks guys, it’s great being here.”

When I hear his voice, I sigh. It’s like a blanket wrapping around you on a cold day – warm and secure.

“We originally asked you on because your new movie ‘Save the Day’ comes to theaters in just a few weeks,” a male voice tells him. “But, like the most of the world, we saw Brikk’s show last night.”

I chuckle with my husband as I open the cupboard to grab some ingredients for waffles, “Yea, I figured that would be the hot topic today, Henry.”

“How could it not be?” Kate asks.

“I supposed you’re right,” Topher confirms.

“Would you like to fill in those listeners that may not have seen your surprise interview last night?” Henry prompts him.

Clearing his throat, my blonde-haired best friend begins, “This weekend, I got married to my best friend and the love of my life.”

Opening the refrigerator, I grab the wet ingredients along with extra eggs, cheese, maple syrup and some fruit.

“Who also happens to be…” the female host trails off.

He laughs again lightly, “Who also happens to be a wonderful actor and my costar Damon Jacobs.”

“How did this come about? This has to be the biggest scandal of the year,” Kate’s voice is etched with surprise.

How rude. I decide I’m tired of her voice already as I start to mix my batter together from memory. I love to cook. My mum taught me how.

“Well, it’s not a scandal,” my husband begins. “I love him very much. There’s nothing outrageous about it. It may be a little shocking, yes,” he chuckles again and I reach under the counter for the waffle iron. “But, he’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me. Unless he tells me to leave, there isn’t anything that could keep me away from him.”

“Scandal was the wrong word,” Henry clarifies for him female counterpart. “What she means is, no one saw this coming. When did it start and how did you keep it out of the public?”

“Uh, Day and I became close friends about a year ago when we met on the set of ‘Save the Day’. I said this last night and I’ll say it again, I was hooked right away. He took a little convincing,” Topher answers. “As for keeping out of the public eye, I don’t think we did such a great job at that,” He comments half-heartedly.