18 Never Apart

The next couple of days pass slowly. I’m constantly looking over my shoulder for my father. Topher hardly leaves my side except for when I use the toilet or shower. And the shower took some convincing to let me do on my own. But, he’s been really supportive and understanding. He doesn’t question my paranoia, he doesn’t get mad when I cling to him on the street, and he hasn’t tried to feed me any shite lines about us being okay.

Waking up the morning of my shoot, I immediately jump in the shower. It feels like it’s going to be a long day again, but I’m trying to see the silver lining. It’s hard to do when you’re so nervous.

Today, I don’t have an excuse to bring my husband with me. This is one of those things that you have to do by yourself.

When I leave the bathroom, I walk straight to our closet which now contains both his clothes and mine. All our shoes had to be moved to the spare room because we have too much stuff. I throw on some simple joggers and a t-shirt saying as they will be dressing me all day.

Making my way back to the bedroom, I see that my husband is already awake.

“Were you going to leave without saying anything?” he raises a brow challenging.

I chuckle lightly and lay down next to him rest my still damp head on his naked chest, “No, I was just getting dressed. I didn’t think you would want to go with me to this one.”

“Why not?” he asks sincerely as he drags his hand through my wet locks.

Shrugging, I explain, “I’ve been pretty clingy for the last couple days. I feel bad about it. I just don’t want anything bad to happen to you. You’re not going out today, are you?” I sit up to look into his eyes.

“Actually, I was thinking about going somewhere,” he admits with a grin.

“Where?” I give him a quizzical look.

He smiles as he sits up next to me. Pressing his lips to mine quickly, he backs up to look into my eyes, “I’m going to my husband’s photo-shoot.”

“You’re coming with me?” I can’t seem to hide the happiness in my voice.

He nods as he gets out of bed and walks to the closet, “We haven’t had enough time to hire a bodyguard, so I’ll have to do.”

Chuckling, I stand up and walk over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist, “I’d much rather have you.”

-----

Walking into the dressing room is like walking into a fashion library. There are shelves full of shoes, tables full of accessories, racks full of clothes and a vanity full of makeup. If you’re into style, this would be the place to be.

This is my first time at a real photo shoot and interview mix. I mean, we took a couple pictures for the cover of ‘Save the Day’, but nothing fancy.

Topher must have seen the amazement on my face because I hear him chuckle, “Pretty cool, huh?”

“Do you ever get used to this?” I ask him still looking around at everything.

He shrugs, “This is normal for me. I’ve been acting for the last 21 years; interviews and photo shoots come with the territory.”

It’s surprising to me that this is my life. I hate to admit I’m a little nervous, but it’s all a bit intimidating.

I’m soon ushered to a chair where they glob on makeup and pull at my hair. My husband sits in a vacant makeup chair off to the side spinning around leisurely and talking to me. When he makes me laugh (which is quite often) I get yelled at for moving too much.