17 You Wouldn't

After all the clothes are packed and set by the front door, we move to the bathroom to start there.

“Are you bringing your shampoo and stuff or do you just want to use mine?” Toph asks walking into the shower.

Shrugging, I continue to look through the toiletries under the sink, “I’ll bring mine.”

“You can use the stuff I already have, you know? It’s not a big deal,” he tells me.

“What if I don’t want to smell like you?” I challenge with a laugh.

He feigns offense, “Are you saying I stink?”

Obviously, I love his aroma. But if I smelled like him every day, I think it would lose the special. I’m not willing to take that risk. But of course, I won’t tell him that.

“It wouldn’t be far from the truth,” I joke.

“That’s not very nice, Day.”

“What are you going to do about it?” I ask as I finally turn to him to see that he has the sprayer for my shower in his right hand aimed at me. The other hand is on the water nob and a devilish grin on his face. My jaw drops, “Don’t you dare!”

“Oh husband mine,” he raises an eyebrow and mocks my accent. “Whatever to you mean?”

“Christopher, I’m warning you,” I start to stand, but he shakes the hose at me.

His smile widens as his American accent returns, “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”

“Christopher,” my voice lowers, but I take on a smirk of my own. With my hands raised, I make it to my feet.

He slowly turns the handle so that water rushes from the bath spout, “One more move and you’re drenched.”

“You wouldn’t,” but even as I say it, I know it isn’t true.

He laughs evilly, “You know me better than that.”

We can’t just stand here forever. My only option, as I see it, is to rush him. Maybe I won’t get too wet.

Needless to say, as soon as I advance, the water comes flying at me. He was right, I did get thoroughly saturated.

As soon as I get to him, I wrap an arm around his torso, pressing our bodies together. With the other hand, I wrestle with him to get the still running sprayer away. In the battle, we both get soaked as we laugh.

After not being able to get the shower hose away from him, I turn us both around. Now between him and the tap, I reach behind me and turn the water off completely.

It takes us a minute or so to be able to speak. There’s so much laughing that it’s hard to breathe or even stand. I end up sitting on the lip of the bathtub to regain my demeanor. Topher ends up on the tile floor in a rather large puddle leaning against tub next to me.

With his hand to his chest, he looks up at me with the most brilliant smile I’ve ever seen, “You should have seen your face.”

“I was wrong before, you are a twat,” I chuckle and lean down to kiss him lightly. “Get me a towel, would you?”

“Under the sink?” he asks as he stands up.

I nod standing up. Peeling my shirt off, I throw it down into the small pond on the floor. As Toph walks to the sink, he too sheds his shirt to the wet ground followed closely by his jeans.

When he bends down to grab a few towels, I catch myself staring at the flexing muscles in his back. Not bad, I decide, not bad at all.

My husband stands with two towels in his hands in just his clinging boxer shorts. He holds one out to me, “Here you are.”