24 Boo Boo

“So what’s on the agenda today on this fine Valentine’s Day?” Topher asks from the speaker of my mobile as I put on my socks.

“Well,” I tell him. “I have a radio interview in a couple hours that I have to leave for very soon. Then I was just going to come back to the room so I can get a good night’s sleep. I finally get to tour the movie set tomorrow and then I was going to see about a flat or something for the couple months that I’m here. I don’t really want to live in a trailer.” As I finish my sentence, my phone beeps signaling another call coming in. “Hang on, Christopher. I have another call.” I hear him agree reluctantly right before I press the screen to answer the other line, “Hello?”

“Hey sexy friend,” shouts my beautiful female best friend. “It’s been too long since we talked. What are you doing?”

“You phoned me yesterday, Riel. How often are we supposed to talk?” I chuckle as I lean my head to my shoulder to hold my phone as I tie my shoe laces.

“We only talked for a few minutes then you got off the phone because of your stupid husband,” she answers with a pout in her tone. “You always pick him over me.”

Trying not to laugh out right, I clear my throat, “You’re really going to hate me.”

“He’s on the other line, isn’t he?”

“I really do love you,” I try to convince her as she scoffs.

“Whatever,” she sighs. “But seriously, call me later tonight I have something to tell you. It’s pretty awesome.”

“Alright, dear. And don’t worry; I’m getting off the phone with him too. I have an interview I’m leaving for.”

“Good and tell him that he needs to share you.”

“How about when we get back from England next week we all go out? Me and Topher, you and Tripp; we’ll have a double date like you’ve been asking.”

“Deal!” she shouts a little happier now, “But seriously call me later. And text me the radio station; I’ll get online to hear it.”

“I will.”

“Later, boo boo!”

Then she hangs up just like that. Shaking my head, I switch back over to my husband, “Sorry, love. She wouldn’t let me off.”

“Riel again?” he chuckles as I hear him shuffling around.

“Yea,” I pick up a light jacket. Since I’m in California it’s not nearly as cold as it’s been in New York. The weather’s beautiful. “Either way, I have to get off the phone. The car’s been here to pick me up since we got on the phone. They’re bound to come up soon to get me.”

“Alright babe, call me when you get back tonight.”

“Love you.”

“I love you, too,” he tells me and I could never get tired of hearing it.

-----

“Alright, Damon,” the show host, Adam, situates himself behind his desk and looks over at me. “Is that chair alright?”

“I’m perfectly fine,” I confirm with a little spin of the seat.

“Great,” he nods and looks over at his computer. “The show is going to come on in about sixty seconds. Are you ready?”

“Yep,” I settle back as I adjust my headphones and pull the microphone a bit closer. The mug that was given to me, with water in it, sits close as well, making me ready for just about anything.