I Got You Babe

a/n: ack! sorry to keep you waiting so long!!! ahshdhbd here's the new chapter

Dean's vivid green eyes were right there, penetrating Cas's blue ones, tangling their hues into one unified emerald ocean writhing with kelp. Cas's breaths came short and quick, he had to remind himself that he wanted this, he had to stop himself from standing and breaking the intensity of it all. His legs were aching to get up and just MOVE, to turn and to run into the night, the stars his only witness. Then Dean's lips parted, and he could feel his warm whiskey scented breath across the lower half of his face and Castiel felt like he went blind with it. When Dean spoke, he spoke softly, he sounded the way heartache feels.
"Cas there's nothing I can -" his voice hitched briefly as it caught in his throat, "there's nothing I can say to make you believe me or to trust me but Castiel I would never just leave you." Dean was so close that Castiel could count his freckles. Dean was so close that Castiel wasn't sure if the persistent heartbeat he could hear was his own or Dean's.
"Cas if I was lucky enough to have you, I would never give you up, you're just so... there's something about you that just makes me..." Dean broke off, seemingly at a loss for words. Castiel looked back into the other man's eyes, trying to prevent himself from glancing down at the beautiful lips that were just inches away. "Castiel you're just so - ethereal."
All of the tension in the room seemed to melt away at Dean's last word, all the fear and all the worry just dissipated, like a release. Castiel's breath rushed out of his body in an unhindered gust and Dean's eyes flickered like there was an electrical storm behind them. And then they flashed to Cas's chapped baby-pink lips and time seemed to stop just for an instant, which felt like an eternity before suddenly, one of Dean's strong calloused hands were intertwined tightly in Castiel's hair. Dean froze for a moment there, seemingly taking the improbability of it all in, halting in the breath before to memorize what it felt like to be here and now.
"Cas," he breathed softly, like a prayer.
And that's when Castiel shut his eyes and captured Dean's lips with his own.

It was like a tidal wave, the way it hit Cas. It felt as though his heart was going to burst through his rib cage and fly up to nest among the stars. Dean's lips moved agains Castiel's like a tsunami and then like a brush of wind. They were there, achingly present and forceful and then just as quickly it was light and barely there; like a whispered promise among trees. Like a fairy tale, a dream that touches your soul. Dean's hands were rough and they made Cas's soft pale skin prickle as Dean pulled him closer desperately. Cas pulled at Dean's clothes urgently, feeling dirty but also like he'd found something he never knew he'd lost. They gasped together, chasing breaths that they'd left behind in the surf. They met like magma and the sea, burning up where they touched one another. Honey whiskey and mint ice cream all tangled up together. Castiel couldn't get enough.
And then it was all ending, and Dean was pulling away and Castiel finally realized he hadn't been breathing and they sat there, panting on the cream-coloured-couch, in awe, in reverence.
"What are you doing to me," Dean breathed, running a hand over his face. It wasn't a question. Dean knew what was happening, Castiel knew what was happening and it exhilarated them and scared them in equal parts. Dean looked at Cas, meeting his eyes in a way he'd never done before. "Come here," he said and Castiel complied. They curled up together on that impossibly comfortable couch and, Castiel placing his head on Dean's chest, listening to his heart beat slowly and steadily like a beacon that was calling him home. Dean ran his fingers absently through Cas's hair, sometimes humming to himself without really thinking about it.
Castiel didn't know what he was supposed to be feeling, or if this was a really bad idea or maybe even if he was making the biggest mistake he'd ever made. Cas did know one thing, and that was that right here, his body rolled up beside a comfortingly warm man, everything felt right, like nothing was ever going to touch him or hurt him again. And that's the way he fell asleep; safe, with all his pent-up emotions released. It was the most wonderful feeling in the world and he was sharing it with someone who - up until now - had only been his professor.

***

Castiel was roughly jolted awake by the person below him lurching in the sudden way that a panicked person moved. For a moment he struggled to remember where he was.
"Oh god! My morning class I've missed my morning-"
"Dean," Castiel mumbled sleepily, his voice gruff with morning stupor. He almost said it like a question, like he was afraid that everything had all been a dream.
"Oh, Cas I'm -" Dean seemed to settle back down as he realized that he had a person who was half asleep on him.
"Isn't it Saturday?" Castiel murmured, nestling himself against Dean's warm body. He couldn't see Dean smiling but Cas could tell now that he was.
"Yeah baby, it's Saturday," Dean said realizing as laughed quietly like he barely dared to believe that Castiel was really here. He toyed with a stray strand of Cas's soft dark hair making Castiel shiver in delight, he loved it when people played with his hair. "I'm sorry, I just freaked. But it's all good now because you're here," he said fondly but hesitantly as if testing the waters, as if testing if what they had last night was still there.
Cas hummed in approval.
Through half-open eyes he could see the sunlight streaming in through the blinds, making warm stripes on the floor and across the furniture. He could hear a lawnmower starting up somewhere way down the block, someone who was trying to get in one more cut before the leaves started to fall. There were footsteps and the sound of a dog's nails clicking on the sidewalk as a person walked by the house. The sounds of a neighbourhood. The sounds of waking up with Dean.
"Stay here with me today," Dean hushed as he continued to run his fingers through Cas's tangles. "I can take you upstairs and you can sleep the morning away in my bed, I'll bring you breakfast," Dean babbled gently, almost talking to himself. Castiel was still in the warm comfortable state between being asleep and woken. "Stay here with me," Dean continued. "Let me take care of you baby. Let me treat you real nice baby," he took a shallow but easy breath. "I don't want to be away from you."