Insanity and Demanding Roomates

a/n: man, i keep trying to write but i'm just so wiped out lately. i hAte to keep you guys waiting :/

Later that morning, Cas was sitting at Dean's kitchen island eating the warm pancakes he'd made a few minutes earlier.
"So Cas," Dean started, swallowing his last bite. "You've got to tell me more about yourself."
"Yeah that would probably, um, be good." Cas replied, suddenly remembering again that he barely knew the man who'd just made him breakfast.
Dean hummed, "Where are you from?"
"I'm from Canada actually," Cast replied, twisting his fork around in his hand. Even though some of the tension between them had been eased he still felt self conscious and exposed when Dean was around. He didn't want to mess anything up.
"Oh really? That's cool, I dated a RCMP* officer before," Dean mused, his eyes fixed on his plate - thinking.
Castiel laughed, "You into the uniform?"
Dean looked up and smiled his show-stopping smile. "Actually that's probably the reason I dated him in the first place."
Cas smiled at him and shook his head, giggling.
"What can I say? Uniforms are sexy!"
"Yeah whatever Dean," Cas smirked.
Dean smirked back, but then shook his head like he was trying to clear it. "Sorry, I'm getting sidetracked. What's growing up in Canada like? Live in an igloo? Drink maple syrup? Ride a polar bear to school?"
Cas gave him a look and then glanced back down at his empty plate, running his hand over the granite countertop he remembered his old life that now seemed so far away. It would never be far enough. "Hardly."
Dean, sensing that he'd struck a nerve, changed the topic. "Well, I grew up in Kansas."
"I don't know anything about Kansas except that's where Dorthy and Toto are from," Cas grinned, feeling relieved that he didn't have to talk about himself anymore.
"Hah, that's fine, that means I get to tell you."
"So tell me," Cas said softly, their eye contact suddenly becoming much more intense. Dean searched his face for a split second before pulling Cas in roughly for another urgent kiss. It caught Cas off guard, but he gave himself up to it very quickly. He let Dean mould him and pull him under, just wanting to get lost in it.
Abruptly, Dean pulled away to catch his breath. Panting he said, "We're not going to get much talking done like this are we, sugar?"
"No," Castiel breathed, his lips throbbing lightly from Dean's intense kisses.
Dean stared at Cas then, like he was taking in a beautiful vista. Castiel was very aware of Dean's eyes on him but Dean seemed to be the opposite, only aware of Castiel and nothing else - especially the fact that he was staring. Suddenly Dean stood up, shaking himself off, running his fingers through his hair. "This is insane," he said in a rush. "Cas you're making me insane."
Castiel felt cold fear in the pit of his stomach. This was going to be all over before it even started, Dean was going to end it now. Castiel was stupid, so stupid.
Instead, Dean came over to Cas, and held his face in his hands. He looked at him before kissing him quickly in the same urgent way as before. "I don't even know how to explain to you the way I feel," Dean said after he pulled away, running his thumb over Cas's cheekbone subconsciously.
"Dean," Castiel said cautiously. He was enjoying the affection but he was still apprehensive.
Dean took a step back. "Hell! You make me feel like a teenage girl."
Castiel smiled, Dean made him feel the same way. Although he was pretty sure that he had far more inhibitions than Dean did. "Inhibitions," Castiel thought. There was something he had to ask Dean.
"Dean," he started, hearing his voice go husky. He hadn't meant for that to happen.
Dean raised his eyebrows at him, in undeniable interest.
Cas cleared his throat. "How old are you?"
Dean's mouth fell open slightly. He sat back down. "I'm twenty-nine."
Castiel nodded, he'd been expecting this. He'd been expecting to feel crestfallen and empty afterwards but instead it almost added to the thrill, made it more real. Twenty-nine was pretty young for a college professor, right?
"Is that a problem?" Dean asked, unable to keep the fear out of his voice.
Castiel thought for a moment, but then realized that he didn't want to give this up. It was risky and probably stupid but something about Dean just made it seem worth it. He barely knew him (he reminded himself) but then Cas realized something. He WANTED to know Dean, and it would be ridiculous not to give himself the chance. Unable to keep the smile off his lips, they parted to show his lovely teeth underneath in a smile. "It's not a problem." Cas whispered sunnily. Then he kissed him.

***

Somehow Gabriel knew that something had happened as soon as Castiel stepped back into their dorm. Sam was there too of course, and they both jumped up off of Gabe's bed in wild excitement.
"MAN ITS TWO PM!! YOU DIDN'T COME HOME LAST NIGHT! WHAT HAPPENED!!?"
Castiel rolled his eyes, and threw his keys down on the usual place. "Hello Gabe, nice to see you."
"Nicetoseeyoutoo," Gabriel rattled off. "now that's out of the way."
"Hey Cas," Sam called from behind Gabe. Cas wasn't really sure how Sam always managed to be standing in Gabe's shadow when he was so much bigger than Gabe was, but it seemed to be the natural order of things. It made Cas wonder who topped.
"Hey Sam,"
"Shut up! Saying hi to each other right now is like the polar OPPOSITE of important! We just want to know where you were last night. Was it with that guy you were telling us about??? I WANT DEETS!!" Gabe squealed.
Sam put a calming hand on Gabriel's shoulder.
"Gabe sweetie, there's only so much oxygen in this room, you wouldn't want to use it all up at once now would you?"
"Fuck you Sam," Gabriel said, shrugging him off.
Sam grinned and went back to typing something on his computer.
"Pleeeease you have to tell us, I have such a boring life I need to fill it with other people's personal business!" Gabe whined.
Castiel shook his head, more out of exasperation than annoyance. "Fine Gabe, I did spend the night at 'The Guy's' house."
Gabriel squealed again, doing a little hop in the air.
Cas titled his head so he could see Sam over Gabe's shoulder. "Did no one ever warn you about the dangers of over-caffeination?"
"I'll try to remember for next time," Sam replied, still typing.
Cas sighed and made his way over to the desk/table that stood at the end of the room near the window. He flopped down. Sleeping on a handsome professor's muscular chest was fantastic and all, but it sure had left him with a sore neck. Gabriel followed him, and sat in the chair directly in front of Cas.
"So did you get it on last night?" Gabe demanded.
"What!" Castiel said, mostly out of surprise.
"Yeah, like did you play hide-the-salami?"
"Gabe..."
"Do the horizontal mambo??"
"Jesus christ," Castiel swore. Gabriel was relentless.
"Did you 'bump uglies'?"
"GABE!" Cas bellowed.
"What??! It's a perfectly innocent question!"
"It's also none of your business," Cas retorted.
"Uh yeah! That's exactly why I want to know! Staying in my business is no fun," Gabe pouted.
Cas sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He should have considered Gabe's nosiness before he came home.
"Pleeeaaase,"
"No! Okay? We didn't 'play hide the fucking salami?! You happy?"
Gabe grinned, satisfied with the information for now. "You know you're pretty hot when you get angry." And with that, Gabe stood up and sashayed out of the dorm.
Cas sighed in relief when the door slammed.
"Rule number one," Sam said, continuing to type. "Do not engage."

a/n: *insert self deprecating comment about my own writing*