You Look Good in that Towel

"Uhng.." Castiel leaned over the toilet, his head was throbbing, he felt dizzy and weak. Dean was leaning against the doorframe of the bathroom with his arms crossed, somehow perfectly fine.
"You're the one who wanted to party," he smirked, gazing at his hungover boyfriend.
"Don't," Cas held up the hand that wasn't currently occupied with holding himself against the toilet, "remind me."
Dean chuckled slightly, "You sure you're okay? You're looking pretty rough."
"I'm feeling pretty rough," Castiel groaned as another wave of nausea passed over him. He absently wondered why he'd thought drinking until he couldn't stand up had been a good idea. At the same time however, he did vaguely remember how much fun he'd had and that made it a little better.
"Can I get you anything?" Dean asked, concerned about him.
"No," Cas replied weakly. "Just maybe stop standing there, I look as bad as I feel right now."
"Aaw, my Cassie never looks bad," Dean cooed. "I'll be in the living room," was what he followed up with as he turned and disappeared into the large suite.
Castiel sighed and slumped into the floor slowly, as to not disturb his stomach too much. He laid on the cool tiles and stared at the little knobby things at the bottom of the toilet that he only ever noticed when he was hungover. He felt so so sick he could barely breathe because of it, but there was another feeling too and it was almost stronger than the sickness. Cas was overwhelmed with a feeling of love. Dean, who he'd lusted over, worried over, lost sleep over, was just in the next room and he loved him too. There was nothing like that feeling in the world, there was absolutely nothing like knowing someone you loved, who you never thought you could have, loved you back just as stared up at the ceiling with his bright blue eyes, "how the fuck did I end up here?" he whispered to himself. He did not know, he hadn't the foggiest what had brought him - a quiet Canadian teenager with piles and piles of emotional baggage - and Dean - a fucking hot, amazing, smart, funny, history PROFESSOR - together. He never had any clue when he thought about why him and Dean were together, and he always felt the faintest twinge of worry that Dean was just using him because some tiny part of him always screamed about how he was worthless and that someone like Dean could never love him. But he pushed that aside, or rather Dean pushed that aside, with his constant small affirmations and forehead kisses and his complete willingness to be himself around Cas. It was comforting, and it was probably the truest love that Castiel Novak had ever known.

***

Cas's eyes batted open, somewhere along the way he'd fell asleep on the bathroom floor and now found himself with a towel under his head and another, larger one, serving as a blanket. Dimly he wondered what time it was, but was more focused on the fact that he didn't feel like heaving his guts up into the toilet anymore. He tried to prop himself up, but found that his limbs were all stiff and sore from occupying the space on the hard tiles. He tried to sit up but one of his hands slipped and hit the garbage bin sitting in the corner and it fell over with a loud slam.
"Cas?!" Dean called in worry, there was the sound of hurried footsteps and he appeared in the doorway.
"I just knocked over the trash can," Castiel mumbled, making another attempt at sitting up and succeeding. He rubbed his eyes.
"Are you feeling better?" Dean asked, moving over to him, putting the toilet seat down and sitting down on it.
Castiel looked up into Dean's lovely green eyes, struck as he always was by how beautiful the older man was. "Yeah, much. What time is it?"
"It's about four o'clock," Dean replied, looking down on him kindly.
"Shit," Castiel whispered, and ran a hand through his hair. He'd been sleeping on the bathroom floor for almost the entire morning and most of the afternoon, no wonder he was so stiff and sore. "I think I'm going to take a shower."
"Okay baby," Dean answered, coming over to help him off the floor. They stood next to each other. Dean lifted up on of Castiel's hands and kissed it before meeting his gaze. "I'll put a movie on, you can join me when you're done."
"Okay," Cas smiled, and wrapped his arms around Dean's waist for a brief but meaningful hug.
A few minutes later, Dean was in the other room again and Castiel was standing in the shower letting the hot jets of water wash away the previous night's activities. He closed his eyes and rubbed his hands over his face, steam curled around him and he sighed. Castiel Novak wasn't the same person he was when he'd started college.

***

Bare feet padded across the carpeted room, Castiel's wet hair still dripped in his face and a towel was wrapped around his waist, secured firmly with one of his hands. He was going to get some clothes from his suitcase but he didn't manage to properly stay out of Dean's line of sight. As he was moving quietly across the bedroom he saw his older boyfriend crane his neck out of the corner of his eye and let off a shrill wolf whistle.
"Daaaaammmnn man, you wanna walk by me one more time?" Dean teased from the sofa where The Outsiders was playing on the TV, it was at the part where they were sneaking in under the fence and into the drive-in movie.
"In a minute," Cas said over his shoulder, rummaging through his suitcase and trying to stop his towel from falling down at the same time, this plan hadn't exactly been well thought out.
"Don't mind me," Dean called back in sort of an obnoxious, joking tone, "I'll just be sitting here praying to Jesus that that towel drops."
"Shut uUup," Cas mumbled to himself in a mocking little singsong sort of voice. Finally he managed to find his pyjama bottoms and his sleeping t-shirt (it had Bert and Ernie on it) and he didn't even flash Dean in the process. Clothes in hand, he walked back to the bathroom, but not without Dean throwing him some appreciative glances and whistling at him again. Cas rolled his eyes and got dressed, if he was being honest, he did really like the attention. A couple moments later and he was curled up next to his boyfriend on the couch.

"Seeing you in that towel got me thinking about certain things," Dean leaned over abruptly and whispered in Cas's ear.
Castiel felt heat rush up into his face and he looked up in kind of a sudden-jerky movement and their eyes met, sparks flying. The tension in the room had multiplied by ten.

a/n: *steve carell screaming* OH MY GOD ITS HAPPENING STAY CALM STAY FUCKING CALM