Return of The Bitch

a/n: 10k????????? This is amazing i am WEEPING

Castiel laid in Dean's bed, definitely not feeling the greatest. His bones ached from the cold last night and everything felt raw from the storm that had only ended early the same morning. The sun was shining though, and the sheets were warm, he'd only just woken up. Dean was talking on the phone in the next room. Castiel rubbed his puffy eyes, it all felt like a strange and surreal dream.
Dean came into the room, fully dressed. "I just got off the phone with Sam," he explained sitting down on the end of the bed.
"Yeah?" Castiel said curiously, sitting up with a quiet groan.
"Yeah, I was going to tell him everything but he knew already. It's all over the college."
"Oh god," Cas grumbled, pinching the bridge of his nose with his forefinger and thumb.
"Hey," Dean said, reaching out a reassuring hand and placing it on Cas's knee. "It's gonna be okay, we talked about this."
"I know," Cas sighed, looking up. "It's just stressful."
"I know baby, I know," he said calmly patting Cas's knee. A beat. "You wanna come down to the grocery store with me? I want to pick up some stuff for breakfast."
"Yeah sure," Cas smiled. "I'll get dressed."

***

"Pancakes?" Dean asked. He'd picked up box of mix and was looking at the label.
Cas held the grocery basket with both hands and stared down the isle of brightly coloured food items. The place was quiet and rightfully so, the storm had done a lot of damage and everyone was either sleeping in avoiding it, or at home cleaning up. "No, we had pancakes only a few days ago."
"Well what do you want then? Eggos?" He opened one of the nearby fridges and pulled out the signature yellow box.
Cas nodded approvingly, "Yeah good idea." He held out the basket, "then we can get some bacon and eggs to go wi-" he froze.
"What?" Dean's brow furrowed and he turned to look in the direction Cas was staring in. There was nothing. "Cas?"
He'd gone very pale. "I just saw Jennifer..." he whispered.
"What?!" Dean replied shocked, voice lowered. He was leaning forward in disbelief. He turned to look again.
"She was with Charlie," Cas blurted.
Dean's face said it all. "Charlie? As in the Charlie who was at the bar with you? As in the 'I don't approve of Dean' Charlie?"
"The same," Cas answered, finally looking Dean in the eyes.
"But what would she be doing with Jennifer-?"
Suddenly it was Dean's turn to stare and go pale. His eyes were fixed on something behind Cas. Castiel turned around and was met with the sight of the both of them, right behind him. He involuntarily took a few steps back towards his older boyfriend.

"Aw isn't that sweet," Jennifer said venomously, her voice like acid. "The both of you are still together." It was clear from her tone that she did not find it sweet at all, more like disgusting.
Dean grabbed Cas's hand protectively, and looked at both of them evenly. "What do you want?"
Jennifer laughed coldly and Charlie smirked in an evil way that Cas found uncharacteristic. "What do I want? I already got what I wanted!"
Cas narrowed his eyes at her, he and Dean already knew.
"I wanted you to pay for dumping me for some doe-eyed little freshman, Dean. And with the help of my new girlfriend -" she put her arm around Charlie's waist. "- it was very easy."
Castiel couldn't help his mouth from dropping open, of all the things that was the last he would have suspected, or have even thought about. Charlie with that bitch? He'd never have thought that she was capable of something like that. "Charlie wh-"
"That's right!" She interrupted, "Jennifer and I knew that you and Dean were a mistake, a train wreck waiting to happen if you will, so we did a little tampering and we made the train wreck happen sooner rather than later. That's all."
"That's all?!" Cas suddenly exploded, and he felt Dean's hand tighten around his own. "Do you have any idea what you've done?!"
"Cas," Dean warned.
Jennifer grinned, showing her perfect white teeth. Her blue eyes flashed. "Oh Charlie knows exactly what she's done. She's the one who had all the evidence!"
The implications of what Charlie had done sunk in around Castiel, he felt it weigh on him like an anvil in one of those silly cartoons. "Charlie how could you do this," Cas said quietly. "We were friends, you were the first friend I ever had and you, you, I can't believe you..." Castiel's heart was beating rapidly, he felt so betrayed, so backstabbed.
For a millisecond, a flash of pain crossed Charlie's features but she quickly recovered. "I warned you before, those who play with fire are bound to get burned."
"Charl is right," Jennifer said proudly. "It was just a matter of compiling photographs and your voicemails on Charlie's phone and handing it in! After all we're just concerned students who want the best for their fellow peers and for their education. A teacher and a student sleeping together well, that's bad bad news." She spoke with a fake pout in her voice, a mocking form of condescension.
"You hypocrite!" Dean shouted angrily, "You slept with me and you're just pissed that it didn't mean anything! That's why you did all this!"
Jennifer lowered her sculpted eyebrows into a look that was dangerous, "You should've thought twice about doing that to me."
"I didn't do anything to you! You just wanted a better grade! I fell for Castiel and you couldn't take it?! That doesn't make sense." Dean glared right back at her.
Cas looked up at his former professor, so he had been exchanging sex for grades. He wasn't sure how to feel about that.
"Oh it doesn't make sense?! Have you ever considered the idea that maybe I fell for you! Well have you?!" she shrieked at him, face becoming red and blotchy.
Dean didn't say a word, he looked at Jennifer with eyes full of something like hatred.
"Because I did! I did fall for you and then there you were! In that bar and I was so happy to see you but then... But then I saw you look at that boy and that's when I KNEW," her lip curled as she snarled. "I knew then that you didn't feel the same way as I did because you'd never looked at me the same way you looked at him. I thought that maybe I was wrong at first, but then you went to the bathroom with him and came back holding hands!" Jennifer scoffed, moving her hand from Charlie's hip to her hand. She gripped it and shook it for emphasis. "I met Charlie that night too, at the bar, thank god-" she seemed like she was about to say something more but suddenly changed tracks. "And then! After everything you didn't even bother to raise my grade." Jennifer spat.
Both Dean and Cas stared at her barbie-doll features that had been twisted and contorted into an ugly vision of anger.
Dean narrowed his eyes, "You think I'm going to change your grade after you come into my office and call me a faggot?" He let go of Cas's hand and for a moment Castiel felt wildly out of control, like Dean was about to start swinging and Castiel wouldn't be able to stop him.
Charlie went a bit pale, "You called him a what?" She said, sounding shocked as she looked at her girlfriend.
"He's lying," Jennifer glared icily at both of them. "Come on, we're leaving." She flipped her shiny blonde hair and let go of Charlie's hand. Sashaying away like she owned the whole fucking grocery store.
Charlie lingered.
Cas looked at her, eyes full of pain. "She used you," he said almost under his breath.
Charlie opened her mouth as if to say something and then shut it as if she'd thought better of it. Her eyes were empty and shrouded in shame but she did nothing more but turn her back and walk away silently, leaving both Dean and Cas standing alone. They looked at each other and found that there were no words left to say. Their eyes lingered on each other's for several moments before Dean smiled softly and sympathetically and pulled Cas into a deep, affectionate kiss.

a/n: wow this story is really almost drawing to a close... what the hell am i going to do after it's finished haha