The Beginning of the End

a/n: sorry this update is late! (also this chapter is kinda all over the place so bear with me)

Cas's eyes fluttered open and were met with the beautiful sight of a new day and his boyfriend laying naked beside him. He'd never seen beauty quite like that before, the sunlight pouring in through the blinds, lighting Dean up like the Greek god Apollo. The way the white sheets tangled around his legs, his perfectly tranquil facial expression and that beautiful golden body lain out like a painting for Cas to behold. From the fan of his dark eyelashes to the rich spattering of lovely little freckles across his cheekbones, every part of him was captivating. Castiel felt as if he could just sit through the entirety of the day basking in Dean's glow, watching the rhythmic rise and fall of his sculpted chest, admiring the curve of his rose-like lips. And there was something else about him too, something that had drawn Cas to him from the moment he first set eyes on him, it was his age. The hinting of crows-feet at his eye's edge, the porcelain sheen of youth escaping him by degrees and in its place a dim shadow of maturity. The potent combination made him irresistible to Cas. Dean was magnificent and magnetic and stunning and Castiel frequently had to remind himself of his fantastical luck.
"Cas," Dean murmured, shifting in his half-awake state. His beautiful eyes fluttered open, a shock of green.
"Good morning my sunshine," Castiel whispered back, his head propped up on top of his bent elbow.
"You're beautiful," Dean whispered back, lifting a sleepy hand to brush away a dark curl from Cas's forehead.
"So are you," Cas smiled, and leant to press a short but deep kiss on his lover's lips.
Dean sighed happily and closed his eyes again, stretching his arms over his head. "We have a couple more days in paradise, what should we do?"
Cas regarded him for a moment before a glint came into his eye. "I have a few ideas..."

***

"HELLO FROM THE OUTSIDE-" Dean sang at the top of his lungs, holding his fist out in front of him dramatically as one hand gripped the steering wheel.
"AT LEAST I CAN SAY THAT I TRIED, TO TELL YOU-" Cas joined in, equally as loud. Dean turned the radio up.
"I'M SORRY, FOR BREAKING YOUR HEART."
"But it don't matter, clearly!"
"Doesn't tear you apart,"
"Anymore,"
"OOOOOOOOOOOOH," Dean harmonized as loud as he could.
Castiel collapsed into laughter. They were on their way back from Rock Ridge, driving down the highway going over the speed limit of course. Dean never drove the Impala slowly. Both of them had had a spectacular two days, filled with walking through the streets in the lovely weather, window shopping, and visiting the local hot springs. They had lovely meals, great room service at the hotel, and of course, great sex. Cas hadn't been this sore in a really long time, but it was satisfying to him that Dean was probably just as sore as he was after the last night they'd spent in the honeymoon suite. Yes, the four days they'd spent together had been exceptional but both of them were glad to be going home.
"What a lady," Dean remarked of Adele as he turned the radio back down.
"Damn straight," Cas laughed, reaching for Dean's hand across the bench seat. His older boyfriend gripped it, and sent him a heart-stopping smile. Over the past few days, the two had grown even closer than before. Cas was seized by a sudden wave of affection.
"I love you," he blurted.
Dean laughed beautifully, "I love you too baby."

***

It was Dean's first day back at work after the break. He should've been prepping his classes over that time but it had sort of fallen by the wayside with all of the fucking he had been doing instead. Dean chuckled to himself as he strolled down the hall, Castiel was quite a guy. He could never get the blue eyed boy out of his friggen head. He glanced down at the stack of papers in his hands, he didn't have another class for two hours.

"Dean," came a friendly authoritative voice from behind him. He turned on the spot and was met with the head of the college coming towards him.
"Paul!" Dean greeted amiably as the stout, dark man came to a stop just in front of him.
"Mr. Thomas if you please," Paul said simply. Something in his voice made Dean's brow furrow, there was something not quite right. Paul and Dean were good friends, or at least on friendly terms. Why was he acting like this? An uncomfortable feeling stirred in Dean's gut, this couldn't be good.
"Sir?" Dean questioned politely, not fully able to mask the worry behind his words.
"Have you checked your email lately Mr. Winchester?" Paul said with an unsympathetic stare.
"I haven't checked it since before the break, I haven't had a lot of time..." Dean shifted his weight uncomfortably, hands white knuckled on his papers. "Paul what is this all about?"
Paul closed his eyes briefly and sighed sharply, "Mr. Thomas please, I won't ask again. I strongly advise you check your email at once."
Anxiety was worming it's way up Dean's throat along with the flickering glow of his temper. "Okay, I was just going to my office, I'll check it right away," he turned to leave, Paul's hand clapped down on his shoulder. Dean turned back to look his boss in the eye, perhaps with a little more venom than intended because the shorter man withdrew his hand and wiped it uneasily on his trousers.
Paul cleared his throat and spoke in the tired way one speaks to a child when they've run out of ideas on how to get them to listen. "No Dean, I think you should check your email at home."
Dean's stomach dropped. This couldn't be, this couldn't be what he thought it was. "I uh, no that's alright, I um, I'll just check it here. I'll go right now." Dean's words were tripping over themselves, his palms had begun to sweat.
"Dean," Paul said in a warning tone, "I'm asking you to leave."
"O-okay, just let me um, go out these papers in my office."
Paul reached out and grabbed the papers, to take them. Dean wouldn't let go, he was numb, he couldn't feel his limbs. There was only one thing this could be. With a sharp tug, Paul freed the papers from Dean's hands.
"Go home Dean," he said firmly and the he turned around and walked away, his shiny black shoes clicking on the tile.

Dean had almost gotten in several accidents on his way home. One at the traffic light, one at a stop sign and two in the college parking lot. Everything was a blur, he knew without looking that he'd gone a pale chalky colour. Dean burst into his house like a madman, his tie flapping in the breeze and his hair all askew. Scrambling, he took the stairs two at a time up to his home office and then he burst into that room too. The door banged on the hinges and he knocked over a cup filled with pens as he practically threw himself into his rolly-chair and frantically began smashing the keys on his computer.
Login, email, login, 4 unread emails. The bottom one. One from Thursday. To: Dean Winchester, Department of History. Subject: Letter of Dismissal.

Dear Mr. Dean Winchester,
Early this week, members of the Stonewall College Administration received information from an anonymous source (a student who's credentials we will not enclose), that you (Dean Winchester, Professor of Ancient Histories) have been taking part in a highly inappropriate and intolerable relationship with a student who attends our college. Following this report, a brief and formal investigation was carried out and sufficient evidence was gathered to prove the allegations to be true. As we are sure you very well know, in the Educational Institute's Code of Conduct and within your contract to this college there are specific guidelines and rules that you are required to follow (please refer to Clause 13: Student/Teacher Relations). Clause 13 states that it is immoral and unlawful for a Teacher, Professor or any member of an educational establishment who upholds a position of considerable power, to engage in romantic and/or sexual relations with a student who is also a member or said educational establishment. Given that you are found to have been and are currently partaking in such a relationship, Stonewall College Administration has been given no other choice to remove you from their staff body with immediate effect. You (Dean Winchester) are also banned from the premises and will only be allowed to return to collect your belongings. The student in question will also be facing disciplinary action. If you wish to dispute the college's findings, further negotiations will be done in a court of law or with a lawyer present for both parties.

Sincerely,
Paul Thomas
Dean of Stonewall College