Chapter 34

Chapter 34-

----

If you happen to not remember what is going on, I would re-read the last chapter and I'm sure it will catch you up! :) Enjoy.

-----

I woke up to a stiff neck.

"Babe, I hope you realize people are going to stare at your neck. So to save you from explaining it three thousand times, I will call a pack meeting so you don't feel judged." Emmett said in a raspy morning voice.

"Thank you. I should probably shower and get dressed then."

"Ok. I'll use the bathroom down the hall and make some breakfast."

-Everyone, there will be a pack meeting in one hour at the banquet hall. It is mandatory attendance. Thank you.- Emmett said through the pack mind link.

I rushed into the shower. That man only gave me an hour! I loved taking lots of time in the shower, the warm water always loosened up my muscles and helped relax my body.

After taking a quick shower I went to the walk in closet. I found a silver elegant strapless gown. It went almost to the floor and I loved it! I put on some strapped sandals and applied some light makeup to my freshly washed face.

As I went to walk out of the door my handsome mate walked in.

"If we didn't have so little time, I would throw you onto the bed and you wouldn't walk for another week."

I blushed deep red.

"You really do look stunning. I love you so much. I am so sorry about having to place that shameful mark on you. I hope you know we had no other choice." He said full of sorrow.

"Em, it was my choice. It's okay. I will deliver the news. Don't worry about it."

"Ok, let's get the show on the road." He mumbled.

We walked hand in hand out the pack house door.

******

We walked into the hall and took our place on stage.

Everyone stopped talking and focused on us. Only for a second before some of their jaws dropped to the floor looking at my neck.

I could feel there unease through the pack link. They were appalled at their Alpha. He looked down shamefully.

"Hey now. Don't judge Emmett. I asked for the mark." I defended him.

I heard gasps through the crowd.

"Why!" Someone shouted in the back.

"We were approached by rouges who threatened to take your Luna. She suggested the mark to make sure we weren't separated. Even though we won't need that precaution. We, as a loyal pack, will protect our Luna." Emmett vowed.

All of the pack roared in agreement. I was touched by their compassion.

I smiled at them, and then at my mate. He was just so perfect. Em's mood seemed to calm down once he noticed the pack was not ashamed of him.

*******

"Well that went great." I said and kissed Emmett.

"It did indeed. I wish we could finish this but I have a strategy meeting in ten minutes."

I groaned.

"Is it about me?" I asked.

"Sort of. I want to meet with my warriors and Beta to construct a strategy to find the rouges and bring them to justice. They will not lay a hand on you."

"I think I should go. I could offer another insight." I suggested.

"No the guys and I have it covered." He responded a little to fast for my taste.

"Babe, I'm the Luna. It's also about me. We are equals."

"I said no dammit! You should respect my decision!" He yelled at me.

Why was he getting so upset? I just offered some help.

"Babe, I was just saying..."

"No, you will stop acting like you know everything! I am the Alpha and what I say goes." He ordered using his Alpha tone on me.

I was appalled! Hurt flooded through me. I know it showed in my eyes when his shined with regret.

"Catalina, I'm so sorry I didn't mean-"

"SAVE IT! I'll learn my place as a 'proper' woman. I will only speak when spoken to. I will cook and clean and never oppose you because you are supposedly my superior." I argued.

Before he could respond I walked out of his office and headed to our room.

My wolf howled at me for running from my mate. She was upset with me. I couldn't blame her but I had to do what I had to do....

I jumped onto the bed and curled up in all of the blankets alone.

I don't know how he expected me to react when he royally pissed me off by offending me. I am a strong woman. I stand up for what I believe in.

I heard the door open and my mate's scent devour the room.

"What do you want?" I asked harshly.

"Kitty, please. I didn't mean it like that."

I knew if I opened my mouth my wolf would take over and forgive him. So I decided to give him the cold shoulder. It wasn't the best option but I didn't feel like talking to him.

"Cat, your heat is going to start in a couple of hours. I can smell it. You're going to need me. Please forgive me. Or at least talk to me or you'll be in agony." He pleaded.

He kneeled next to the bed and looked me dead in the eyes. I just turned to face the other side.

He growled in anger.

"Fine. I won't bother you. I'll be in my office if you need me. Love you."

My wolf begged me to say I love you too but I refused.

Moments after he left I felt a heat wash over me. I knew I was now in my heat so I got up to take a cold bath. It felt so wonderful on my aching bones that I feel asleep in the tub.

****

I woke up the next morning under the warm blankets. How did I get here? I know I was last in the tub.

I felt a sung arm wrap around my waist tightly.

I knew it was Emmett so I got out of his grip to go to the bathroom. As soon as I left his arms the full force of my heat hit me. I felt sick. I ran to the toilet and spilled my guts.

Emmett came in to hold my hair back. As soon as I finished I brushed my teeth. Emmett went to hug me but I pushed him away. He growled at me.

"Kitty, you're in pain. Let me hold you."

"No! I wouldn't want to make you feel like I know everything. Or try to take over my superior's role. I want breakfast. So talk to me when you're over this arrogant Alpha phase." I said as I left for the kitchen. I didn't make it down the third step when my legs gave out.

This damn heat had me needing my mate. This was not a good time to fight with Emmett. But I don't put up with bullshit.

-----

Hey guys! Hope it was a good chapter. :)

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!!!

*Edited*