The Burrow

The appeared a few second later in front of the more pitiful piece of property Draco had every laid eyes on. "Now," Severus began while they marched up to the house, "When we get inside, I want you on your best behavior, no insults, no snide comments, no fighting, do you understand?"

Draco nodded again, "Where are we?"

"The Burrow."

"The what?"

Severus sighed, "The Weasley's home." 

Draco stopped in his tracks, "WEASLEY?!"

"Yes."

"How could you bring me here?" Draco practically yelled, "They hate me, they hate my family. How could I be safe here?"

"Because I'll take care of it. So just trust me, okay?" Draco reluctantly nodded and followed his godfather into the house.

When they entered, Draco heard some familiar voices speaking in hushed tones, "Ah, Severus, we were beginning to think you weren't coming." a woman's voice said over the screeching of a chair moving across hard wood floors, "I've just made dinner, would you like a plate?"

"Not tonight, Molly." Severus responded in a bored tone, "I actually would like to speak with you and Arthur before we get into this, if you don't mind."

"Of course, why don't we go into the-" Molly's voice fell flat as she spied Draco hiding behind Severus' shoulder, "Severus?"

"There were...extenuating circumstances, Molly. I had no choice, I...I need to ask a favor."

Molly studied Severus and saw the desperation in his eyes, before nodding her approval, "Why don't you come inside, Dear." She ushered Draco inside and took his trunk, "I've just finished dinner, are you hungry at all?"

Just when Draco was about to decline, his stomach gave a loud growl in response, "That would be lovely, thank you." he said politely.

"Have a seat, I'll fix you a plate."

Draco took a seat at the kitchen table and looked around at the people who were already there, most of whom Draco recognized. He did a quick head count in his mind:

Professor Dumbledore

Professor McGonnagall

Mad-Eye Moody

Kingsly Shacklebolt

Professor Lupin

Mr and Mrs. Weasley

  Nymphadora Tonks (whom he recognized from his mother's family tree)

Mundungus Fletcher (recognized from a recent issue of the Daily Prophet)

Plus a few that he didn't recognize. A sizable group of people, most of whom were looking at him with disdain. "Here you are, Dear." Molly placed a plate overflowing with delicious smelling food in front of him.

"Thank you, Mrs. Weasley, it smells wonderful." 

"Since you're handing out plates, Molly..." Professor Lupin asked looking at her hopefully.

"Oh course, Remus, I left some meat on the rare side for you, it's by the cutting board. The rest of you, take what you want, there's no shortage of food in this house." She waved her wand and several plates flew out of the cabinet and stacked themselves neatly on the table, "Arthur, Severus, why don't we talk in the living room?"