January

Draco stepped off the train after Christmas holiday with Blaise and Theodore in tow. He glanced around the platform for Harry, Ron and Hermione and spotted them heading towards the carriages, "Come on, I don't want to have to take the last one."

"Why don't you go ahead Draco." Blaise suggested, spying the trio ahead of them.

Draco silently thanked his friend, "Fine. See you all back int eh dorms." He rushed ahead so that he was closely behind them and ducked into their carriage, "Hey."

"Draco?" Hermione jumped, "Warning would be nice."

Draco laughed, "Sorry, I just wanted to catch up before Crabbe and Goyle could spot me."

"Hey," Harry took the seat next to Draco and kissed his cheek, "How was your Christmas after you left?"

Draco shrugged, "Dull, I would have liked being at the Burrow with all of you."

The Trio exchanged glances, "Um, Drake, we need to tell you something." Ron sighed and looked at his friends, "The Burrow was attacked over the break."

Draco gasped, "What do you mean attacked?"

"Draco, the Death Eaters set the Burrow on fire and went after Harry and Ginny." Hermione explained, "It was Bellatrix and Greyback."

Draco sat in stunned silence as the carriage pulled out of the station, "Aunt Bella? She was there?" he asked angrily.

"Drake, calm down, I'm fine. Everyone's fine." Harry assured him.

"But what if you had been hurt?" Draco's anger started to grow, "What if someone was killed?"

"Calm down mate." Ron said, "Look, no one was killed, and the only thing hurt was the house, which my dad can fix, so it's cool. We just need to set up more protection spells so it doesn't happen again."

Draco sighed and allowed himself to calm down a bit, "Sorry, I just don't want anything to happen to any of you."

Harry took Draco's hand, "Hey, we're fine, Voldemort and his cronies don't scare us."

"No, but they scare me." Draco admitted, "You forget, I grew up with them, I've seen what they're capable of up close."

Hermione took Draco's other hand, "Look, I know that you didn't have an easy upbringing, and I know that we never made it any easier. But you don't have to be worried about any of that anymore, you're one of us."

Draco smiled and squeezed Hermione's hand, "I know." he slumped back in his seat, "Sometimes I just wish we didn't have to skirt around each other at school, it would be nice to be friends out in the open."

Ron nodded in agreement, "Could you imagine the look on Snape's face if we started hanging about school?"

Harry laughed, "Pretty sure he'd kill me on the spot."

"I'd be next," Draco remarked, "Of course I'd die in the middle of his incredibly lengthy lecture."

Hermione rolled her eyes, "You know he's only looking out for us, all of us."

Harry shrugged, "Doesn't make him any less annoying."

The group laughed, and Hermione rolled her eyes again, "Honestly, he's your professor and your boyfriend's Godfather, show some respect Harry."

Harry shrugged again, "Please, he hasn't liked me since I was born, where does the respect part come in?"

"Well, he has covered for you, and saved your life countless times." Ron pointed out.