A Shot in the Dark

Ok, this one is actually plot related, and really gay. Enjoy!

Draco sat alone in his borrowed bedroom staring at his scared forearm. It was nearing the end of August, and school was fast approaching. Severus had collected his school things from Diagon Alley, and had arranged for him to leave the Burrow a few days early and arrive at the school with Severus instead of taking the train. He'd already packed is trunk, and was prepared to face his sixth year of Hogwarts. But something about this year felt different. He'd definitely changed over the last weeks. He no longer stuck to the same social ideals that once governed his life, and had become more open about his feelings, this was known, but something else was still irking him.  

Over the course of his time at the Burrow, he'd grown closer to the twins, Ginny, Ron, and even Harry. He'd begun to think of them as a sort of family, one he preferred more than his true family. However, he still hadn't shared with them the true reason behind his current living situation, but it was his last day at the Burrow, he was leaving with his Godfather the next morning. 

There was a soft knock on the bedroom door, "Draco?" Harry's voice called, "Are you awake?"

Draco glanced at the clock, 6 am, what is he doing awake at this hour? Draco thought to himself. "Yeah, come on in." 

Harry quietly opened the door. He was still wearing his pajama pants and a tight t-shirt from the night before. The t-shirt, Draco noticed, was tight enough around Harry's abs, but not overwhelmingly so, that Draco could see every defining line between the muscles. "Hey," Harry said awkwardly. He stared around the room, not really knowing what to say or even why he was there.

"Hey." Draco replied, "Did you... need something?"

"Um... I don't know."

Draco snorted, "You don't know if you need something? And yet you came down for a chat at 6 in the morning?"

Harry stared at the blonde, "Well, it's just that you're leaving tomorrow, we won't see you until schools starts and what then?"

"What do you mean?" Draco asked, suddenly finding the situation much less amusing.

"Well, these past weeks, we've all become friends, and you've sort of been accepted into the family. But when we get back to school, we have reputations and images to keep up. All of us are seen in a certain light by the public, and that image doesn't include us being friends."

Draco considered this, "What if I didn't care?"

Harry stared at Malfoy, bewildered, "What?"

Draco motioned for Harry to sit next to him on the bed. He waited for Harry to be settled before continuing, "I no longer care what people think of me, or what effect that will have on my family. My father spent my whole life lying to me, and literally beating me into submission. My mother was much kinder, but she still let it happen. She just watched as my father abused me, drove me to the brink of..." his voice faltered as he though of his most recent, and almost successful, suicide attempt.

Harry looked down at the pink scars on Draco's forearm, "You tried to kill yourself, didn't you?"

Draco nodded, ashamed. He felt his eyes water, and the tears threatened to spill over. "I can't live with them anymore, so I decided that death would be better than prolonged torture. Severus found me, nearly dead in the manor library. I'd let my arm bleed out, let the world fade away, and I felt, nothing. No sadness, no fear, no regret. I just...let myself slip away." Draco felt hot tears slide down his cheek, "But now, I don't think I could ever actually go through with it, no matter how hard I try. I know I have a family, one that actually cares, and I want to see where this new life takes me."

"If I'd known, all those years, we could have gotten here a bit sooner."

"I was a horrible person, Harry, I didn't deserve to live, but you've all given me a shot at redemption, and I'm not about to throw that away." Draco's fingers played at the edges of the faint pink lines on his arm. 

Harry reached over and took Draco's hand in his, "You're not a horrible person, Draco. You were just a little... lost." Harry rolled up his own t-shirt sleeves, revealing similar lines, "We all get lost sometimes. Pain seems like an answer, like by punishing ourselves, we're making up for what we've done. But it's not the answer, Draco. This, what you've found here, friends, family, that's the answer. Find redemption and hope through others, that's how you save yourself."

Draco stared at Harry's face, full of sorrow, and genuine concern. He felt his heart give a tug when he realized Harry was still holding his hand, and that their fingers had intertwined themselves, "Harry, I-" He was cut off as Harry smashed his lips into Draco's.

At first, it startled both of them, but neither were willing to pull away. Draco met Harry's force and deepened the kiss. Harry felt his other hand make its way to Draco's neck, while Draco's tangled itself in Harry's hair. Draco's tongue played at the edge of Harry's lip, which opened in response, permitting entrance. Draco's tongue explored Harry's mouth as if it had a mind of its own, and Harry moaned in pleasure. 

The boys broke away gasping, with their foreheads connected while they continued to hold each other close, " You were saying, Malfoy?" Harry asked with a smile.

Draco shook his head, still trying to catch his breath, "It doesn't matter." He stared into Harry's bright green eyes, and they stared back at his dull grey ones, "What does this mean?"

Harry let out a small chuckle, "I think it means I'm a little gay for you."

"That's okay, I think I'm a little gay for you too." Draco crashed their lips together again, this time allowing Harry to explore him. He moaned in response to Harry's passionate attacks and Harry smiled through the kisses. 

Out of breath, and still smiling like morons, the two boys collapsed back onto the bed, Harry using Draco's chest as a pillow while Draco played with the Chosen One's raven locks. They laid there for a time, letting the moment wash over them. 

Draco was the first to speak, "So, how do we go about this?" he asked, not knowing if he really wanted to know the answer.

Harry sat up and faced Draco, "I guess we just go about our lives as normal, with a slight addition."

"And what would that 'addition' be, Mr. Potter?"

"Well Mr. Malfoy, I suppose that addition would be the fact that we're gay, and now have to navigate how to live as gay men in the world."

"I don't even know if I am." Draco sat up, "Yes, I have feelings for you, and I guess I've been trying to ignore them for a while now, but I think there's more to me than that."

"Well, I've known for a while." Harry pulled his knees to his chest and wrapped his arms around them, "I guess I've always known really. Everyone expects me and Ginny to end up together, thinks we're a perfect match. And as much as I love her, I think it's more in a sibling way than a romantic way. But with you, that's completely different. I know that I don't care about you in a sibling way, and I don't know about you, but I'd like to explore this new possibility."

"You mean...you want to..." Draco's words failed him.

Harry grabbed Draco's hand again, "Yes, Draco, I'd like to give this a shot, if you wanted?"

Draco pulled Harry close, and kissed him once again, with deep passion, "Does that answer your question?"