The Room Where It Happened

Draco nervously made his way up to the seventh floor corridor. The closer he got, the more his hands shook and the faster his heart seemed to beat. It's just Harry, there's nothing to be nervous about, he thought in a futile attempt to calm his nerves.

He paced three times in front of the entrance and waited for the door to reveal itself. He entered and found that he was alone for the time being. The room had transformed itself into a small room with a fireplace and a table already set with a dinner and two place settings. There was a soft rug and a crimson sofa in front of the fire and a shelf full of books on the far wall. Draco chose a random book off the shelf and flipped through the pages absentmindedly until Harry joined him. 

"Hey," Harry greeted, quietly closing the door behind him, "Sorry I'm late, my meeting with Dumbledore ran later than expected."

Draco shrugged, "I don't mind waiting," He quickly kissed his boyfriend and led him to the table, "However, I am starving."

Harry nodded his agreement as they sat and began to eat. A little ways into the meal, Harry noticed the Draco still hadn't said much, "Are you alright? You're being very quiet."

Draco met Harry's concerned gaze and sighed, "Actually, there's something I need to discuss with you."

"Okay, what's up?"

  "I got an owl... from Lucius."

Harry's breath caught, "Oh, what about?"

Draco took a deep breath before continuing, "He's ordered me home for the holidays."

"No!" Harry snapped, "There's no chance, I won't let you go back there!"

"What do you expect me to say, Harry? He's my father!" Draco yelled back.

"Say no, it's that easy." Harry argued, feeling his anger rising, "He can't just waltz back into your life, not after all the progress you've made over the last few months! That man is toxic, he plays with your mind, controls you! I won't lose you to him!"

"You won't lose me!"

Harry stopped and stared at Draco across the table. He could see tears forming in the corners of Draco's eyes and the pleading look behind them. He sighed, "What did he say, exactly?" Draco pulled a piece of parchment out of his jacket pocket and waited in silence as Harry read the letter. When he was finished, he glared at the table in silence.

"Harry? Harry please say something!" Draco pleaded.

"What do you want me to say, Draco? That I'm glad he's reaching out? This man drove you to suicide for Merlin's sake!" Harry snapped.

"You don't exactly have to remind me." Draco bit back harshly.

"I know." Harry's tone softened, "I'm just scared. Those are the last people you should be around. I'm just afraid they'll force you into something you'll regret."

Draco nodded, "I don't know what else to do. I can't seem to refuse him, but I know that I need to cut ties with my family."

"So what are you going to do?"

Draco shrugged and held Harry's hand across the table, although he didn't know if it was for his sake or Harry's, "I suppose I'll have to be my own man. Tell my father no, and let him know that I will no longer be dictated by the old Malfoy family values. I choose my own line of work and I make my own way in the world, which starts now."

Harry thought about his boyfriend's words, "Do you think that will work? Will he really let you go that easily?"

"To be honest, I don't really know. But it's worth the risk if the payoff is a lifetime of freedom from the Hell I called a home."

Harry leaned across the table and planted a kiss on Draco's lips, "I'll be there the whole way, Love."

Draco smiled and kissed Harry back, "Wouldn't have it any other way."

Harry took Draco by the hand and led him over to the couch. He sat across Draco's lap and engulfed him in a deep, passionate kiss, "Let's think about something else."

"Perfect." Draco pulled Harry closer and began placing a trail of kisses down the brunette's neck. He smiled through the kisses as Harry released a moan of desperation and began to unbutton the blonde's shirt.

Sorry for the short chapter, but I didn't have a way to lengthen this and make is sound good. I also just didn't want to write a scene about them doing the frickity-frack, so I'll leave that to your imaginations.