Just Add Sprinkles

Draco sat at the Weasley's kitchen table nursing a cup of tea and reading his second book of the morning. It was his third week at the Burrow. He'd seen Severus a few times, one was a delivery of his wand, the others were just general check-ins, all short, as was Severus' way.

His book was interrupted by Molly entering the kitchen, "Afternoon, Dear."

"Hi, Molly." Draco replied, placing his book on the table.

"It's rather quiet,"Molly observed, "Any idea where the others went?"

"They're searching for the quaffle, it's still missing."

Molly chuckled, "I know, I found it last month."

Draco gaped at Molly, "You stole the ball?"

"In a manner of speaking." Molly said slyly. "Well, I was about to make some cookies for tonight, how would you like to help?"

"Um," Draco pushed his tea aside, "I'd be happy to, but I'm afraid I'm not much help in the kitchen. To be honest, I've never really helped to cook anything in my life."

"Never even decorated cookies?"

Draco shrugged, "No, the house elves usually baked and served cookies around Christmas, Father never permitted me to assist."

Molly looked at him with a sympathetic expression, "Well, I guess it's time you had a proper childhood." She flicked her wand and the ingredients began to measure themselves out. Draco watched in fascination as she expertly began to mix the dough. She then gave Draco a piece of raw dough off the kitchen spoon, "What do you think?"

He tasted his first bite of childhood, "Delicious, but it needs something..."

Molly took a bite as well and nodded her agreement, "Needs some cinnamon." She poured a bit of the spice into the bowl and nodded her satisfaction. "Alright, now we need to roll them out and bake them."

Draco pulled out the flour and spread it out on the table, as Molly instructed. She dropped the dough onto the table and showed him how to roll it out and cut it while she tended to the oven. Draco cut the dough into circles and arranged them on the baking sheet, "What now?"

Molly handed him an small container full of rainbow colored sprinkles, "Sprinkle some of these over the cookies, then I'll pop them in the oven."

Draco did as he was told and watched in amusement as the cookies took on their new appearance. "This tray is ready."

Molly put the cookies in the oven and began helping with the next, "I can't believe someone as sweet as you came out of the family you did." she remarked as they began sprinkling the next batch.

Draco looked at her curiously, "What do you mean?"

Molly sighed, "I mean, your family is responsible for terrible things, as you well know, and it baffles me how you turned out to be one of the kindest and most sincere boys I've ever met."

Draco shook his head, "You think too highly of me, I'm a horrible person. I've never made the right choices. I bullied your sons for years, and went out of my way to ensure that Harry's life was miserable. How can you say someone like that is kind and sincere?"

"I'm not saying that you're perfect, or that you haven't made mistakes, the best of us have. But looking at how you've grown these past weeks, it shows your true feelings. You and Harry haven't fought in at least a week, and even then, I could tell your heart wasn't in it. You haven't insulted Ronald or the twins for a while either. And I can tell the Ginny has taken to you nicely, she no longer thinks that you're here to kill us all in our sleep." She chuckled, "Face it, Dear, you're a good person."

Draco could feel himself tearing up, "No one's ever called me that before." Without thinking about it, Draco felt himself give Molly a hug, "Thank you." he whispered.

"For what, Dear?" she asked, returning his hug.

He pulled away, tears running down his face, "For believing in me."

Molly gave him another hug, "Draco, you'll always find a home here."

Draco pulled away and began to sprinkle the rest of the cookies, "It's nice to know I have one somewhere."

Molly smiled to herself, she knew that this was a child the she could change, one she could save.

Sorry for the fluff chapter, I just thought it would be cute to see Molly and Draco grow closer in a more mother-son way. The next update will be actually relevant to the plot. 

Happy Pride Month!!!