CID14-Bittersweet Tears and Dreams That Last a Lifetime

Chapter 14....Bittersweet Tears and Dreams That Last a Lifetime.

(Claire's P.O.V.)

I can't believe he kissed me, and I can't believe I enjoyed it. That man really knows how to get under my skin. I'm not talking about the song that was sung by Frank Sinatra. No that would make it seem good. What I'm talking about is pure agony. Why did I have to feel as if I owed Scott a favor? I could be enjoying the peace and quiet in my apartment, and get ahead on my work. But no I had to be the good friend, stupid conscience.

"Okay Scott," I started as we made our way to his parents' house. "I need some information if I'm going to pull off the role as the fiancé." I used air quotes when I said fiancé. Saying the word just made me upset.

"Well you're a writer, you can think of something," Scott said rubbing his cheek.

"Oh you are so annoying!" I shouted.

"I'm annoying?" Scott asked. "Least I don't hit people because I have uncontrollable anger."

"Well you are the reason I have anger problems," I stated crossing my arms. It was true this man always had the tendency to rub me the wrong way.

But is that really true?

"Oh here we go playing the blame game," he stated sarcastically.

"Forget I said anything, let's just get this thing over as soon as possible," I said and turned and looked out the car window.

"And the cold shoulder returns to pay a visit, wonderful," He muttered.

(Scott's P.O.V.)

Claire and I made our way into my parents' house, and we were greeted at the door. Not only were we greeted, but we were interrogated with a million questions as well. Claire was drug off by my sisters while I was left with the guys.

"You know it's just like ya'll to steal everything that's mine," I shouted to my sisters. "When we were little it was my toys, in high school it was my t-shirts, and know it's my fiancé. When does it stop?"

"Never!" my sisters all yelled.

Then my mother came into the den from the back room. "Was that Scott that just walked inside?" my mother asked.

"Yeah and he brought a pretty lady with him," Joseph stated.

"Hey, no stealing my girl you hear?" I stated teasing Joseph.

"But girls have cooties," Ben yelled looking frightened and innocent at the same time. Joseph on the other hand just shook his head.

That gave me another idea. I walked over to where Claire was talking to my sisters. I went over to her smiling, and sweetly kissed Claire on the lips. As I was kissing Claire I heard a chorus of ew's. I turned from Claire smirking and I started to whistle. I knew secretly Claire wanted to kill me, but it was well worth it.

I walked over to where the boys were playing. When I sat down beside them Ben yelled, "He has the cooties! Run! Run for your life!"

All the guys chuckled, knowing I was just ditched by my crew.

"Well Scott are you going to greet your mother, or are you just to ignore me," my mother teased.

"Oh Mamma, I couldn't ignore you," I said getting up to hug her.