Chapter Nine

Teach Me to Forget

Copyright © F.K

This may not be reproduced, transmitted, or stored in whole or in parts by any means, including graphic, electronic, or mechanical with our express written consent of the published except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I was grinning from ear to ear as I lay in bed that night. Just thinking about my evening was making me giggle to myself.

I was pulled out of my giggles when I got a call. I turned to pick up my phone to find Henry was calling. Picking up the phones I held it next to my ear.

"Hey" he spoke first. For some reason the sound of his voice made me happier. He had a good phone voice. Swap and warm.

"Hey" I said a little to chirpy

"What's bought this mood on?" He asked

"Nandos still in my system" I said making him chuckle. It was dead and throaty I felt myself blushing. Shaking my head I felt stupid. What was wrong with me?

"Have you started the English homework?" He asked, shit I completely for got.

"Thought not" he said chuckling again. Why did his laugh sound so good?

"Do you want to do it together over the phone?" He asked. I was so glad we exchanged numbers.

"Yes please" I said a little to eager.

We stayed up doing the homework together which didn't take long mainly because of Henry. We then just started talking.

"So what really got you happy?" He asked. I but my lip not sure if I wanted to tell him, I mean he knows about me and Sam but for some reason I didn't want to tell him. I took in a deep breath and told him feeling strange about the guilt growing. Why was a feeling guilty?

"So your official that sounds really good" he said. I found myself soliciting what he was saying, he sounded genuinely happy for me.

"Yeah it is" I said realising now I was faking the happiness. We fell into a silence.

"So where are we eating tomorrow?" He asked. Breaking the silence.

"What?" I asked confused.

"It's your turn to pay don't hold out on me now" he said. I laughed.

"Of course not, I would love to go out with you but"

"Sam's not happy about our friendship?" He asked finishing off for me.

"No" well I knew Sam wasn't happy about us going out to eat at Nandos but I wasn't going to tell him that. "I'm going out with my friend, we're going bowling." I had asked my grandad and he had agreed in celebrating for me gaining my space at all my university choices. He had given me £50 to go out with my friends, I would usually so no but I didn't have any money to spare.

"Oh that's fine, another time then" he said, I felt guilt growing again.

"You should come" the words left my mouth before I realised what I said.

"I don't want to intrude" he said as if he realised the words had left my mouth without me realising.

"No I mean it I want you there" and I realise I did want him there.