Prologue Part 1

In the first month of her being brought into the world, everything started out warm and happy. Two loving parents held their daughter, sitting before a fire enjoying each other’s company, with baby Claudine unaware to the world around as she slept in her mother’s arms. At this point in time, to them, nothing could go wrong. They didn't have a permanent home; they travelled and earned money to support themselves through performing. The mother, 24, Lirrium, as a dancer and singer, her Ice blue waist length hair, deep purple eyes that held many secrets and curvy body that could make many men stop in their tracks and state in wonder, and father Haru, 26, golden blonde spiky hair and emerald green eyes with his slight muscular build played a three stringed instrument he'd made himself. The strings attached to tall branch cut to the same height as he, and then in half again for a flat surface in which the strings sat above attaching to both ends. They weren't alone. They travelled with a small group of people who also performed with them. There was one other couple with a child of their own. 25, May, another dancer with a snobby attitude but protective nature with mid back length black her, blue eyes, a slim not so curvy body, but still beautiful with her husband, also 25, Kahn who played a tambourine because didn't want anything that seemed to difficult, a lazy man he was but a kind and gentle man with his short orange hair and light blue eyes, still managed to keep a fit physic, and their son, 11 year old Bard, playing the same instrument as his father when he chose not to perform, who acquired his mother’s black hair, blue eyes and his father’s build, also took on a snobby attitude and was never happy unless he got what he wanted. He'd throw his body around on the ground until he got what he was after.

Two years had passed and Claudine’s mother became fatally ill. "Shh... Claudine sweetie. It's ok. Mummy will always be with you."

"Mother, please don't go." The 2 year old cried as her father held her next to his dying wife. "I don't want you to go."

"It's time for me to go now. I love you dearly. Haru, please take care of yourself and raise our daughter to be strong and gentle girl. I'll always love you..."

And with those last words, Lirrium took her last breath and passed on. The distraught young girl clung to her father as she cried still begging for her mother to come back. Haru tried to fight back tears but failed as he held his daughter and silently sobbed. He pulled Claudine to face him then spoke, "It's just you and me. We have to be strong now for your mothers’ sake." He spoke with determination in his voice.

"Yes father." Was all she could say weakly as she continued to cry and be pulled into another warm embrace as she cried herself to sleep.

Three years have now passed since Claudine’s mother died. Haru had been training his daughter to fight as a ninja, just as he had done before he met Lirrium and began travelling and performing. Through their travel is how they met May, Kahn, and their son Bard who at the time was 4 years old. Become good friends, Haru asked Kahn if he and his family would like to join in travel and perform with them all over the world. Happily they accepted. Now Claudine at the age of 5 was almost at the same level as her father. A smile crossed his face as he looked at his daughter proud of what she has accomplished at such a young age. “Alright, I think, that’s enough training for one day.” He spoke with a light pant. “We need to help the others with dinner.”
“Yes father.” The young girl replied happily while thinking, ‘Great! Now I’ve got to put up with Bard and his annoying name calling and nit picking.’ Following after her farther, jogging to catch up. “Father?” She spoke getting his attention as they walked. “Am I good enough?”
“Of course you are sweetheart. What makes you ask?”
“I don’t feel like I’m good enough. I feel like I’m failing as your daughter.” She answered looking down a little saddened by her thought. Haru stopped in his tracks and turn to Claudine with a small smile.
“Claudine, you’re doing a lot better than I could have imagined. Your skills are excelling well past that of an ordinary 5 year old. Your speed, stamina, and power are almost at the level of mine. I’m so proud and I’m sure if you mother was here, she’d be just as proud, if not more.”
“You really think so?” She spoke with sparkling eyes.
“I know so.” With that simple statement he embraced her into a tight hug. “Now come on. The sun is setting.” The child nod in agreement but looked down with displeasure as they began walking back to their camp.