Chapter 4

'Another dreamless night.' She thought as she got out of bed and ready to go to the Hokage's office and consult him about the offer he'd given. "I think the old man will be happy with my answer." Dressed and ready to go she decided to get something to eat on the way there, leaving instantly and headed in the direction of her destination. "One large of tea with milk and two sugars please." She said to the young girl who stood at the counter.

"Anything else miss?" She asked. Claudine had went into the same shop Kurenai had taken her to.

"Two slices of raisin toast and one of those large cookies please." The girl smiled and nod.

"That's 15 dollars thank you." Claudine handed her the exact money and waited. It didn't take long at all.

"Thank you." She said taking her purchased goods, shoving the cookie into her pocket so she could eat her toast with one hand and drink her tea in the other while continuing to walk to the large red building. She walked past the academy and waved to Naruto as he waved over at her before disappearing into the building. "Good luck little guy. You'll need it with your new lazy bone head of a sensei." She mumbled. Finishing her toast, she sipped her tea before pulling the cookie out and devouring it as fast as she could, almost afraid someone would try to steal it from her, then finishing the tea and disposing of the empty cup. Around the corner and up the stairs coming to a stop at the double doors to her old sensei's office, she knocked. Upon entering she sore a man standing in front of the the Hokage dressed in a rather familiar uniform.

"Good morning Claudine. I was just talking about you and the offer I made."

"That's why I'm here actually, Hiruzen, I'd like to accept the offer and become part of the ANBU. But I am not wearing that uniform. Just look at it." She pointed to the man she was now standing next to.

"Yes, I understand." The old man sighed. "Claudine this is Tenzo, he will be your new partner on missions in the beginning and teach you all there is about ANBU." He spoke gesturing to the now named man. She looked at him and blinked as he  looked at her.

"Can you take your mask off?" She said breaking the silence. He looked at the Hokage who nod. He then proceeded to take his mask off revealing his dark brown eyes. She smirked and held out her hand to shake his. "Pleasure to meet you Tenzo, I'm Claudine."

"The pleasure is mine." He replied gently taking her hand and gave a slight shake.

"That is all, you're dismissed." Hiruzen said turning to to window overlooking the village.

"Uh, okay then." Claudine said with a raised eye brow turning back to her new team mate. "Shall we go to the head quarters now so you can show me around?" She suggested.

"Yes, the sooner the better so you can pick out your mask." He agreed with a nod leading her out of the room.

Time flew by fast and the introduction came to an end. Now was time for Claudine to pick out her mask. "That one right there. It's a wolf." She said with a closed eye smile.

"Here," Tenzo said passing the mask to here. "Are you going to paint it?"

"Of coarse I am. It wouldn't look right if I just left it plain, and it's rather boring too." She giggled.

'Wow this girl is different, most who join ANBU would ask questions. But not her.' He thought as he led her to a cupboard with paint and brushes. "Pick what ever you'd like then take it over to the table."

"Okay, black, grey, and white. You'll do the job." She spoke as she got what she needed and went straight to the table, not wasting time and starting instantly. Tenzo watched her from the distance while leaning against the wall.