Chapter 3

My sleep was pure darkness. All I could see was black, nothingness. Could I say that it was a good dream? Or did I just not dream at all? At least I didn't wake with a shoke in a cold sweat this time. I wonder who's going to be teamed with who? I spoke with Naruto, he told me all about he'd passed and was now a Genin. I'm proud of him. I do belive he will do great things. He's got that attitude about him. I'll be given a team of three Genin myself and test them to see if they truly are cut out to be shinobi. I find out today who have been assigned to me. People question whether I'm fit to test the students or not. I don't blame them for thinking that way about me, it's normal for me and I deal with it one way or another. I can't exactly go on a rampage and kill everyone who looks at me the wrong way. It's the name calling that gets to me the most. But I manage on my own most of the time, and sometimes I'll talk to Kurenai, Gai, or even Naruto. He understands without even having to try because it's the exact same for him. We are the same as each other. Kakashi tries to get me to talk to him. But since the incident I try to protect him by not talking more than needed. I'm ashamed that he saw me like that again. No use just lying here, time to get up. What to do until I'm summoned is a different story again. I sighed as I sat up and slowly got out of bed, continuing on with my normal morning rutine. I got dressed, Put my boots on, did my hair, my leaf symbol the top of my left thigh and pouch on my right mid thigh. I then proceeded to the kitchen to make myself two slices of raisin toast and a nice, just abouve warm, cup of tea. That's what always gets the day started for me. I looked out my window and decided I'd find a nice shady tree to sit under.  I finished with a sigh of satisfaction, washed my dishes and put them down to dry before Wlaking out my door and closing it behind me. Here, we don't really need to worry about losking our doors. And I doubt I have anything worth stealing if anyone is even game enough to try it.

As usual, the streets were bussling with people around all the open shops. Seems like poeple just cant get enough. I was headed in the opposit direction when my name was called. i turned to see who it was. "Oh, Kurenai. Good morning, is there something you need?"

"Well actually I was on my way to find you. I thought we could head to the Hokage's office together."

"So much for sitting under a tree." I mumbled to myself. She only giggled at me. "Sure, I'll come along. Is it about who's going to be assigned to which group of Genin?"

"Yes, that's why I came to find you." She replied with a nod. "As always, Kakashi won't be there till after the meeting so you can relax. And I'm sure you'll be given a great team this time." I just nod as we continued the rest of the way in silence, Kurenai ocasionally giving a polite wave to passer's by who said hello. We were passing by a shop when it cought my eye and I continued to look at it as we were almost at the large red building. "See something that you like?"

"Huh? Oh, I'm not quite sure." I looked at her as I spoke. "I need new clothes. The ones I have now are pretty worn out from all the missions and training I do. I think it's about time I did some shopping." She looked at me a little suprised at what I had said. I normally don't shop that much unless I need something like the essentals. But when I do, Kurenai likes to spend quality girl time with me and talk about a sertain man she can't help but love. Who knew right?

"Okay, we can have a look around after the meeting okay? I need a new outfit myself." I simply nod and it was settled. We were going to go shopping after the meeting.

"WHAT?! What do you mean I won't be getting a team this time.?" I was shocked and confused. I had just been told I wouldn't be recieving a squad. "Why?"

"Everyone, you are dismissed." Sarutobi Sensai said. Everyone took there leave except for me. I stayed put with a slightly annoied expression on my face. "Claudine, there wasn't any need for you to be give a squad. There isn't enough students and I do believe you don't even like children that much."