Alpha Possessive Chapter 9

[Picture of Vincent to the side.]

In all honesty, i was scared to do this. To break Vincent and I's relationship, i mean i knew i wasn't in "love" with him, but i did care for him. He was so sweet and innocent, i'd hate to see him cry or something. Actually, i dont think i have ever seen him cry, ever. He was always the cute, bright, happy and friendly jock everyone liked. 

I bit my lip as i stood infront of the familiar front steps of his house. The last time i was here was whenh i was having dinner with his entire family, and now i'm here about to break-up with him for a guy i fell in love with in a few weeks. Huh, that really does sound stupid in my head. I shut my eyes. 

Now or never Ava.

I pressed my finer onto the door bell and flinched when it rung, oh god, i actually did it. No turning back now. I sucked in a breath and fisted my hands into fists and straightened my back, i slipped on the jacket, his scent immediately making me relax. Hm, maybe his jacket was a good idea after-all, but i wasnt going to tell him that. 

The door opened and i let out the breath i was holding. Here i go. Vincent came out with a lopsided grin on his face, it was his sleepy smile, clearly i just woke him up. I smiled softly at him and brushed my hair back. His eyes scanned my body and stopped when he realised i was wearing Tyson's leather jacket, his jaw clenched. I bit my lip and cleared my throat.

"Vince, can i come in? We need to talk." I said softly. His eyes never left the jacket until he finally looked into my eyes and nodded. "Yeah, of course. You're always welcome here." He says with a smile. I quickly look back at Tyson's car, who was literally right at the front of Vincent's house and his window was down. I scowled as Vincent's eyes zero'ed onto Tyson in the driver's seat, cockily smirking at Vincent and waving. 

That little asshole

"You got Redford to be your taxi?" Snapped Vincent, clearly awaken from his sleepy mood. I shut my eyes and sighed, rubbing my temples, casting a glare at Tyson before shutting the door and walking over to the couch. "Vincent, we need to talk." I said. Oh, nice one Ava, what happened to nice and easy break up? I imagined things going much more friendlier and smoother than what's already happened. 

"And it's not like that." I added. Vincent was clearly not happy as he didnt sit down, instead he was towering over me. I pursed my lips and played with my fingers. God, i already forgot the whole break up speech i had planned. Something along the lines that didnt have to do with finding my mate, being a werewolf Luna, falling for a guy in a few weeks and cheating on him with the guy he despises. Now how do you put that all nicely and more human? 

How did they break up in movies again? 

"It isn't? Why is he in your car then?" Vincent scowled, he was jumping to conclusions here. Well his worst conclusion was probably right, but that wasnt the point. The point was i had to break up with him before he get's hurt even more by finding out the wrong way. I had to do this right. 

I bit my lip and sighed. "Vincent, shut up, and let me talk." I snapped, tears already brimming my eyes. God, why was this so hard, i felt like i was crushing his heart with my stilettoes. I hastily wiped my eyes. I knew he was going to get hurt while i was going to feel guilty forever. I felt selfish for him falling in love with me whilst i was in love with my soulmate. 

His lips thinned, then he sighed as well and kneeled in front of me and gently took my hands off of my face and wiped my tears. I flinched away from him, no, i wouldn't be able to do it if he keeps being nice to me, I didnt deserve his love. I couldn't. 

"No.." I murmered while pulling away. A flash of hurt flashed through his green eyes, he instantly snapped his hands pack to himself and pursed his lips. I swallowed a lump in my throat. 

"Vincent, im sorry, i... can't do this anymore. I cant keep pretending that i'm in love with you. Shit, that came out really harsh, im sorry!" I groaned, and slapped a hand to my mouth. His lips parted in semi-shock before he slowly stood up and retreated from me. "Vincent, it isnt you, it's me. I know how stupid that sounds and i always make fun of that line in the movies we watch, but i finally understand why it's so simple yet so difficult. I never, ever, wanted to hurt you Vince, im sorry." I spilled out, tears running freely now. But i felt a weight lift off of my shoulders immediately. 

He looked confused, hurt and angry, his eyes were glistening, he was going to cry. Oh my god, i can't handle this anymore, my heart was aching for him to not be hurt. I looked down. "It's that Redford guy isnt it." He said quietly, my eyes snapped to him in shock.

Woah, was it that obvious? I blinked in surprise, but didnt try to deny it, it was true, but i couldnt bring myself to say it, knowing if i did this situation would be much, much worse. i just hoped we stay as friends and not strangers after i leave this house. 

"I knew it." He scowled and slammed a vase to the ground, i flinched at the sound, i heard his parents waking up and panicked. But he didnt care. Oh god, his parents are going to hate me for breaking their only son's heart. "Vincent, im sorry!" I repeated, my voice hardly audible. He didnt say anything. "I heard rumours that you were cheating on me with him." He snaps, his voice changing when he said 'him', meaning Tyson. 

"I didn't believe it at first, well i didnt want to." He adds and glares at me. "People were calling you a slut, i defended you. As i always do." He adds dryly. I sigh and wipe my tears. "Vinc-" I started but he cut me off. "How long was it going for?" He asks, his voice barely recognizible. I bit my lip.

"A week." I mumbled, as i heard footsteps come down the stairs, i look up and see his mother coming down tiredly, her eyes brighten when she sees me. "Avangeline! What are you doing here darl- Vince, honey, what's wr- oh." She immediately says, examing our faces sharply. She looks between us silently. Vince was glaring at me, i was looking at the ground, wanting to get out of here, now. I already caused enough heart-break for the day, he didnt need to know that i actually cheated on him just yet. 

"So this is it then Ava? We're done? After a year? A few weeks before our official one year. Fucking splendid." He spat at me, not even caring to look at his mother who was in shock. She probably thought i was a whore now. "For some rich, spoilt fucken brat that thinks he owns the place. Looks like i was never good enough for you." He says sarcastically, i open my mouth to answer, when I look out the window and groan when i see Tyson coming out of the car. Shit.

"Oh god."

No, no, no, no, this is going to end very badly.