Epilogue- Eden

Hey! I've decided to make an epilogue. I hope y'all enjoy! Thanks for reading and being so supportive!

I walked into the office filled with dull, tired faces, dressed to the nines in ties and suit jackets. People talked amongst themselves, probably causing their counterparts to feel queasy with the air around them infiltrated with coffee breath. I found myself wishing for the thousandth time that I could just fast-forward a year until I had completed graduate school so I wouldn't have to work in this depressing setting anymore.

I wished I didn't have to wake up so early so I could prepare for my boss' meetings later that day. I wished that I didn't have to wear such a constricting skirt to appease the dress code, especially with how bloated my lower belly felt. I wished I could be at home doing anything other than making schedules for meetings and greeting clients with a smile. And I wished I didn't have the headache of the century.

But then I reminded myself of how my life used to be and how it could look now if not for a family of angels and the grace of God, and tried to stamp down the negative thoughts I had.

I could have been working in the hospital that morning. I did, in fact, work at the hospital as an RN during the school year and sometimes during the summer, juggling school work and people's lives. However, I knew that if I were to put myself through graduate school doing something I loved, I might end up deciding to quit going to school and just remain at the same level forever. I wanted to be a nurse practitioner and that required seemingly endless amounts of school work and money. If that required working summers, then I'd do it.

So, I spent my summer at a prestigious business as an assistant, saving up to pay for my second year of graduate school. It was hard trying to work, getting called in for night shifts at the ICU in which I would spend the next few days zombified, and trying to spend time with Noah when I could.

We married last summer July twenty-third.

It was small, of course, Noah's family technically being mine too. We married in a church, with witnesses that loved us both. Jolie had been my maid of honor and, though she tried to add her quirky touches, she helped me plan the perfect wedding. My breathtaking fiance had cried as I walked down the aisle in my trumpet style dress with my arm threaded through Papa's. Noah's brothers stood proudly beside him, beaming as we said: "I do". The wedding was flawless and the day had easily been the best day of my life. Even though it had been a year since Noah and I had said our vows, people joked we were still in the newlywed phase.

In reality, we just loved each other a whole lot. Noah's heart was something so pure and passionate, that I found myself yearning to work harder to match his ethic and drive. I loved the way he spoke, so thrilled to take on each new challenge of the day, to perform each task God had called him to do and to do it well. He poured his heart into caring for me and for his family and students. He still woke me up nearly every morning with a kiss that made me feel like he was the only thing that mattered. He still smiled at me like I hung the moon. And even after all these years, I still catch him staring at me as if entranced, even when I don't have a trace of makeup on my face. He spoke of me like I had been placed on this earth just for him, like the both of us were meant to share our story together.

Of course, we get on each other's nerves. In fact, I had yelled so hard once when Noah said something that I didn't like that I lost my voice for three days. He had yelled back, his impressive lungs making me scream even louder. He had stayed the night with Isaiah to cool off. But Noah knew me better than I thought I knew myself. We had grown up together. He was my voice in those years that I couldn't speak for myself. And despite him hurting my feelings sometimes, he is usually very logical and mostly right.