Chapter 3

Dedicated to rosesareroses because you were the first one to comment on chapter 2. Love you! I hope you enjoy this chapter.

___________________________

Chapter 3

I had to do it again, it was fun. He was walking in front of me like he owned this joint. Giving the stroller more force, I steered it so that the wheels would collide with the back of Matt's heels. He almost tripped, losing his balance just like the first time I had done it.

When we first got into the mall, I had accidentally hit his heels with the wheels of the stroller but the second and third time, It was for my amusement.

He caught himself, turning around with a pissed expression on his face.

"Quit it, would ya?"

I made an innocent face. "My hand keeps slipping," I told him, trying hard to keep in my smile.

He rolled his eyes and walked over to me, pushing me out the way and grabbing the handle of the stroller. "Then I guess I'll just have to push this shit around."

I smirked to myself. "Well if you insist," I murmured.

We continued walking, him in front of me with Jamie while I stared at his butt like a little creep. It was so perfectly shaped and as he walked, his jeans would make it look kind of funny.

We walked into this male clothing store. There were racks of jeans, T- shirts and underwear. Matt looked around, pushing the stroller with him. I glanced around as well, looking at the people who were shopping. Most of them were guys simply dragging their girlfriends along with them. Looking up, I caught a glance at the girl at the register smirking at Matt.

He was oblivious, still looking through the racks.

She was smacking hard on her gum, like a little camel. Munch, munch.

Jamie was reaching out and touching everything with her little gimmie-grabbing fingers. Matt pulled out a red hoodie sweater that had an angry panda on it. He stared it down, letting Jamie tug at the ends of it.

I looked at the girl at the cash register and this time she wasn't alone. There was two other girls behind her gawking at him as well. What was so great about him? Except the fact that he had a nice butt, he was a total jerk.

I ignored them and walked over to Matt and Jamie. My sister was reaching her hand out for me so I leant my arms out, letting her grasp onto me. Now those girls were staring at me as well.

I turned to Matt who was still busy looking through the racks of hoodies. "Matt, those girls are looking over at us,"

He didn't even take the chance to turn around. He simply kept looking through the clothes. "So? Let them stare."

"It's kind of creepy though." I pleaded.

He shrugged. "And so are you. So what's the difference?"

I could feel my sister trying to jump from my arms to Matt. I turned her the other way so she wouldn't try to do that again. If I didn't like him, then she wouldn't either.

"I'm not a creep." Says the girl who was staring at his butt, I thought.

My sister somehow found a way to try to grasp at Matt. He looked down at her as she was pulling at his shirt, trying to get him to lend out his arms to her. He looked up at me, giving me a look meaning, make her stop. I shook my head, knowing that Jamie would be persistent. "Just take her," I whispered, trying not to make a scene.

He ignored me, going around to the other side of the rack, spinning it around to see more stuff.

"Matt," I begged.

"Shut up." He said.

Jamie was beginning to whine, trying to leap out of my arms to get to Matt. Yeah, she was definitely not going to give up.

"Matt,"

"No." he declared.

This was weird. He had just come out of jail, yet I was asking him to hold my baby sister just to make her happy. Deep down inside, I really had nothing against Matt. I just didn't like the fact that he was rude when I was actually being friendly.

Jamie began to cry as she tried to get to Matt. Getting fed up, Matt dropped the clothes that he had in his hands into the stroller and swiftly took Jamie out of my arms. Once she was in his arms, her fake crying had stopped. I rolled my eyes at her, little brat.

I looked around again at all the eyes that were transfixed on Matt. Giving them all a glare, I turned and picked up the clothes that Matt had dropped when he took Jamie from me.

Looking up, I could see Matt staring at Jamie intently.

I smiled at the scene before my eyes. "She likes you," I spoke.

He looked up at me, sensing that I had caught him in one of his weakest moments. Ignoring me, he steered the stroller to where the dressing rooms were.

"Let's go try some of the shit on," he muttered.

My phone chimed in my back pocket. Looking down at the screen, it read, Mommy. Giving Matt a signal telling him that I was going outside for a call, he completely shrugged me off and sat down placing Jamie on his lap.

Once I exited the store, I sat down by a bench and answered my phone.

"Hello?" I said.

My mom sounded as if she was out of breath. "Oh, thank goodness you answered. I'm sneaking in a call from work right now. Just wanted to check in on you all. How's it going?"

I smiled. My mom was a mess. "Mom, everything is fine...." I said, looking back into the store to see if Matt was still there. He was, but he wasn't alone. Now he had little young lady friends hanging on him like leeches. They were touching all over his arms, his hair and they were even touching on my sister!

"Mom, ugh, Matt has to change his clothes and I have to get Jamie so I'll call you back in a bit, okay?"

"Okay and remember to feed Jamie. She gets cranky when she's hungry."

"Okay. Bye now," I said sweetly, hanging up and quickly throwing a scowl on my face.

Walking back into the store, I pushed paced the leeches. "Excuse me, uh, excuse me." I said, pushing them out of my way.

Looking at Matt, I gave him a stern look. "I see you've met friends."

He smirked. "Just a couple,"

I rolled my eyes reaching out and grabbing Jamie from him. She actually didn't fuss when I grabbed her from her beloved hero.

"Hurry up and try on those freaking clothes before your leeches drain you dry." I snapped.

He rolled his eyes playfully, pushing back the leeches as well to get to the changing rooms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------