Chapter 12

Does everyone like this book so far?

Let me know in the comments below.

BTW, just a strange little topic to add to this author's note, who listens to Sam Smith? If you do, then thank God, I'm not the only crazy one. I have his songs on reply like 24/7.............I have no shame.

Anyways, thanks for all the comments, votes and support.

______________________________

Dedicated to safaakhter

Chapter 12

Words couldn't describe how happy I was. After hearing Crash say those words, I almost lost it. I couldn't stop smiling and it took me a while to give him my answer but soon it came out.

Yes. I'd agreed to be his girlfriend.

I was on cloud nine when I went home. My mom thought I was on drugs but after I told her about my night, she was happy for me as well. I tried my best to keep my voice low so Matt wouldn't hear me if he was upstairs. I know he warned me about Crash but he was wrong. Yes, Crash smoked but smoking didn't make you a bad person. Whatever conclusion that Matt had about Crash was wrong. Crash was a nice, cool kid. He was sweet to me and I just couldn't believe anything Matt was saying.

The next morning I decided that I would call Vanessa. I wanted to tell her about my night; that's what best friends should do, right?

So after I took my shower, I dialed her number. And surprisingly, she answered. "Hey, Vanessa, can we talk?"

"Yeah, I was just about to knock on your door. I'm outside."

"Wait, what? You're outside?" I asked, suddenly jumping off my bed and running to my bedroom door.

"Yeah, hurry up, the sun is cooking my skin."

I let out a little chuckle and said a quick 'okay' before hanging up and bolting down the stairs to open the door for her. I momentarily told myself to not press on her situation because I didn't want to make her uncomfortable and just start grilling her for no reason so when I opened the door, the first thing I did was hug my friend.

She was a bit taken aback by my gesture but hugged me anyways. After sharing a hug, I led her in and up to my bedroom.

"You went missing on me for a minutes, Vanessa. I thought you, like, ran away or something." I babbled.

She smiled sadly and asked, "Where's your mom and Matt?"

"She went to a mommy and me class with Jamie and Matt's sleeping. He came home late last night."

"Hmm," she kicked off her shoes and sat on my bed. "So I guess I should come clean about something,"

"The whole Don situation?" I asked.

She nodded her head and I gestured for her to go on. "So, you remember the party and me sleeping with him?" I nodded and she continued. "Well, you might not believe this but, I...I got pre—pregnant and uh," she croaked and I was so stunned that nothing came from my lips. "Uh, I told Don about it and he, he said it was fine with him. He planned on dropping out of college and coming back to live here to help me out with the baby and to mainly just give me support and be a dad."