Chapter 2

The parade started to slow down a bit and came to a stop. I looked at Gerard, confused. "Wha- what's happening?"

"There's a few new arrivals." Gerard nodded in my direction and I looked passed me. I squinted and saw a couple of people walked towards the float. And of course, Fear and Regret were leading them. The new dead arrivals proceeded to follow Fear and Regret, but there was one girl who dashed to the front of the float. We all glanced at each other in confusion as the person got closer. "(Y/N)!"

Confusion swept over my face but as she approached, she began to look familiar. She had dark brown eyes, brown hair that went passed her shoulders. But her face was covered with burn marks on her left cheek. I squinted my eyes, hoping that it would make me remember her. "Huh? Bri...is that you?"

"Ice Flames?" Frank looked up from his guitar. "Why are you here?"

Bri put her hand to her head. She had burn marks all over her arms, showing the damage I have done to her, but I didn't feel a bit sorry for her. "Well, those two girls told me that it doesn't matter how many sins you have caused. All that matters is how much you believe in this place." She looked up at me, sadness and grief in her eyes. "And (y/n), I'm so sorry. I was just so jealous and mad at you. You had everything I wanted. I'm so sorry. Can you forgive me?"

I jumped down off the float, not taking my eyes off her. "I don't know. I mean, how can I? Blood or no blood relation, you tried to kill me because I stole the guy you like. You wanted to ruin my life. How can I forgive you after the amount of pain you have inflicted on others."

She had the nerve to break down in tears in front of me. "I-I-I'm so s-sorry, (y/n). I-I did a lot of bad things. But I just want to put that all behind me. Please..." She whimpered.

I crossed my arms and sighed. Who are you kidding, (y/n). She's your cousin and you've been friends for all your life. She can change. "Alright, fine. If you can prove to me that you've changed, then I'll forgive you."

Bri looked up and hugged me. Cringing ever so slightly, I put one arm around her. "Thank you, (y/n)! You're the most forgiving cousin yet!"

Oh, I haven't forgiven you yet.

I pried her off of me when I felt like she was hugging me for too long. "Okay, here. Why don't  just get behind the float like everyone else..." But she attached herself to me again and refused to let go. I sighed and looked at Gerard. He shrugged and looked at Frank. Frank set down his guitar and jumped down the float to join us. He held his hand out as if he wanted to touch her, but pulled his hand back. But he suddenly changed his mind and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Look, Fla- Bri. If you want...we still have room on the float. And you can...y'know...join us?"

Bri sniffed and looked at Frank. "How can you forgive me, too? I broke your heart. I tried to kill your friend."

Frank's gaze lingered on her. "True. But I believe everyone can change themselves. Even the worst parts of them."