Chapter 8

Oh my god. What do I say? What do I do? He just proposed to me! My heart is telling me yes, but my brain is saying that it's too soon. I don't know what to do, so I just kinda stood there for a minute. "(y/n)!" Kat whispered. "Say yes!"

I looked at Gerard. His eyes were full of hope and longing. Do I be honest with my mind and say that I think it's too soon for us to get married, or do I be honest with my heart and marry the man I love? After thinking some more, I finally came to an answer.

"Gerard Arthur Way, nothing can express how I'm feeling right now. Of course I'll marry you." Seeing Gerard's smile lightened my mood and he kissed me passionately. But I still couldn't help but to wonder if I made the right choice.

More dead have been filling the Black Parade, which is cool and staring to actually become more fun. Bri has absolutely shut out everyone, including Frank. When we try to talk to her she just sort of shies away or ignores us. Kat, Ana, and Lillian have all gotten better at their stuff and I've become friends with them. My brother-in-law, Mikey, won't stop congratulating me, all my friends are really happy for us. Indeed, nothing could go wrong.

But of course, it all went wrong. It happened the day after Gerard proposed to me. And it was all Pete Wentz's fault. So earlier today we were running the parade as usual. We picked up more dead and much to my surprise, Pete Wentz was one of them. "Pete?" Mikey jumped off stage to meet his um, former lover?

Pete smiled when he saw a familiar face. "Mikey! Oh my god, it's been forever. How have you been?"

The two bassists talked more (apparently Pete died in tour in a bus crash) until Mikey asked a peculiar question that changed everything. "So does this mean...does this mean we're getting back together?"

Pete's face fell. "Oh...Mikey, I-I love you and everything, but...I'm in love with Patrick."

Mikey was smiling earlier, but now that rare moment of beauty was gone. "Oh."

Pete sighed. "Look, Mikes. Of course I loved you. I still do, but Patrick is the one for me." Bitch, what the fuck. No he's not, I thought. "I'm sorry, Mikey."

Mikey had a distance look in his eyes. "No...its...its alright. I just, um," he looked back at us. "I gotta go...take a walk. Clear my mind." Before any of us could stop him, Mikey dashed off. I looked at Gerard, who seemed to not know what the fuck just happened.

"I'll go after him" I whispered to him.

He looked at me and clutched my hand. "No, that's alright. I'll go get him." He kissed my cheek and went off after his brother. We all looked awkwardly at Pete, who had his head in his hands. "I fucked up." He was muttering. "I fucked up bad."

"Damn right, you did." I replied.