Chapter 5

It's been what feels like a week since we joined the Black Parade. More and more dead kept piling up and this place started looking more and more like a parade. Gerard gave me a role as back up vocals and Adrenaline, Nightmare, Wild, and Silver were dancers. They were actually to my surprise pretty good. The most dancing I've seen them do was either moshing or head banging. Bri tried not to be a distraction so she played the ukulele. Can we just take a moment to cringe at how haoles say 'ukulele'. Try to make them say Waianae. Bet they'll fuck up at least once.

When we were on our break and we were at the mansion, Bob complained that we need more more people to join like acrobats, fire breathers, and whatnot. Gerard considered this and took it into account. "Yeah. That seems legit. Do people still say that? Legit? Anyway, we could totally do that, but where are we gonna find all these people?"

Mikey put his hands behind his head as he sat back on the couch. "Send a message to Fear and Regret. Tell them we have opening positions for our parade. But no more skeletons. We have enough of those."

Ray started checking himself out in the cracked, dusty mirror. "That's a nice idea, Bob. But like, why all of a sudden?"

Bob shrugged. "I don't know. Compared to the music video this place is just so...empty. It's...it's lacking...emotion."

"We should have that huge blimp you guys had in that music video." Silver suggested. "That's something that'll remind the dead of being back on the Land of the Living. But I don't know. Whatever works I guess."

Gerard on the arm of the chair I was sitting on. "What do you think (y/n)? Any suggestions for our parade?" His hazel eyes stared lovingly into mine.

I shrugged. "Bob's suggestion was really nice about having acrobats. That'd be really cool."

Bob pumped his first in the air, pleased that I liked his idea. Everyone started talking about what we should do for the parade, but I still couldn't help looking at Bri. She sat next to Frank, but kept her head down and didn't say a word. Even though I didn't want to, I felt really bad for her so I sat next to her. Gerard watched me leave him as I moved next to Bri. When I sat next to her Gerard looked at me, concert in his eyes. I shrugged and looked at Bri. "Hey."

She looked back at me, awkwardness and guilt in her eyes. "Hey." She said weakly. She looked back down so I couldn't see her face, but I still saw her smile softly.

Gerard took me back to the room we stayed in on my first day here. He shut the door behind him as he joined me in bed. He started playing with my hair. "Hey, so what's up with you and Bri. Did you two make up yet?"

"Mmm.....not yet. I hope I can. It's really hard to see her like this."

Gerard stopped playing with my hair and pulled my chin close to his. "You know, I really love it how you can still have sympathy for her even though she ruined your life. You're so strong." He kissed me on the cheek. "So nice." He kissed my nose. "So smart." He kissed my lips. "So beautiful." He kissed my shoulder. "So amazing." He kissed my neck. "I love you so much."

I smiled and kissed his lips. "I love you too."