Chapter 3

Bri sat down awkwardly on the float away from most people. She did look in awe all around her. I felt someone tug at my sleeve. "Hey, you sure can trust her?" Wild whispered to me. "She was a little, y'know..." She twirled her finger around her ear.

I looked at Bri again. We locked eyes but she suddenly averted her gaze to look at Frank. I sighed. "I don't know. I don't really trust her, but I'm going to give her another chance. Maybe she'll change."

"Hopefully." Wild snorted. She crossed her arms. "Man, I still can't believe this place exists. I mean, I always hoped it was real, but I never thought I'd come here when I died. The Black Parade was more like a fantasy I hoped to live in when I died. And I can't believe your dating Gerard Way. What are the odds of that?"

I shrugged. "There weren't many people living in Battery City. That was a wasteland, but some found it their only retreat. I'm guessing MCR was one of the people who didn't mind living there." Suddenly, the Parade came to a halt. The dead started to retreat and the band boarded off the float along with everyone else.

"What's happening now?" Sliver asked.

"When the parade stops and everyone starts to leave, then the parade is on break. We pick up the dead later." Bob explained, twirling his drumsticks before throwing them on the float.

"So what do we do?" Nightmare wondered.

Ray pointed to a small mansion up ahead. "See that? That's mansion that is always at whatever place we stop at. We stay there until the dead call us."

We made it to this mansion, which was empty, dusty, and creepy. Mikey collapsed on a couch and dust flew up, causing Mikey to cough and choke on it. "Man, it feels like someone just decomposed on this couch and didn't clean themselves up. How rude."

Gerard grabbed me by the waist and pulled me close to him. "Hey, so how do you like it here so far?"

I looked around. Silver and Wild were arguing (as per usual), Nightmare and Adrenaline we're bonding with Ray and Bob, and Frank was talking quietly with Bri in the far corner of the room. "Seems like home." I replied.

Gerard kissed my cheek. "And I get to spend it all with everyone I love."

I smiled, but I was still staring at Frank and Bri. I didn't know what they were saying, but Bri looked like she was about to cry and Frank pulled her into a hug. "What do you think is going on there?" I asked Gerard.

He looked at the pair and shrugged. "I'm not sure. But we've got some time on our hands, so why don't we go upstairs, go into a bed, and have some fun for an hour or so?"

I looked up at him. "Uh-huh. And what kind of fun are you looking for?"

"Netflix and chill. Duh. What else could I have suggested?"

I smiled and kissed his lips. "Alright. Netflix and chill. But if we don't have Netflix what are we going to do? Talk?"

"Whatever your comfortable with babe." He turned over to everyone. "Hey, guys! Me and (y/n) are going upstairs, so don't bother us."

"Wouldn't dream of it." Mikey called out to us as me and Gerard went upstairs.