Chapter 1 - Before the Storm

Oblivion by Alyssa Taylor

                                  ~| PART ONE |~

 All had been surprisingly quiet in Beacon Hills the past four months. There were no supernaturally caused murders - at least that we know of. I finally got to spend some time being normal. I went shopping and had sleepovers with Lydia. I spent many nights with my boyfriend, just doing what normal teenagers do. For once, the supernatural did not matter.

 Though, I can't help but feel this tugging in the back of my mind that something else is coming. When it comes to the supernatural, you never know what you're going to get. This just feels like the silence before the storm.

 Not much has happened over the summer, yet it feels like everything is different. I became closer with my brother and began mending more of my wounded relationships. So many people have hurt me in the past, always choosing power over me. I think I'm finally getting closer to forgiving them.

 I do forgive Eric, after all he's my brother and he's one of the few people I have left. We're getting there with Isaac too. I know he feels bad for what he did to me in order to secure his position in Derek's pack. I talked to him about it, though only briefly. I won't forget that he did try to kill my best friend at one point. Derek, on the other hand, is another story. He's screwed me over the most, aside from Peter. However, Peter will never receive my forgiveness. Ever. I know that Derek is trying to make it up to me, but he's done too much to make it that easy.

 Eric still isn't fond of all three of them, but I know he's been working with them over the summer to try and find Erica and Boyd. He feels a certain find of responsibility to them, since he couldn't stop them from making the worst possible decision. I'm proud of him for swallowing his pride and working with people he despises for the greater good. 

 Dad and I had become closer as well. He, Melanie, Stiles, and I went out for diner on more than one occasion and I found our double dates more enjoyable that I expected. We'd also began boxing again. It was a great way for us to bond, and I know how much he loves getting back in the gym.

 Though, it was weird not having Allison around for the past four months. We became close after I lost my memory, since she seemed to be the only one I trusted. Although, my brother informed me of her behavior at the warehouse the night we saved Jackson. She has some explaining to do when -- or even if -- she comes back about why she decided to drive a pair of daggers into Eric's side.

 I think about all of this as I sit in the back of Stiles' jeep with my head against the window. Scott occupies the passenger seat. Even after six months of dating Stiles, the best friend still beats out the girlfriend from front seat privileges. 

 The tattoo parlor we arrived at was in a sketchy part of town, but it was the one closest to us. Scott really decided he wanted to get a tattoo, and since Lydia was spending the night with one of her 'boy toys', I decided that I didn't have anything better to do. Besides, I like being around Scott. He used to not trust me, when I first approached him about my knowledge of the supernatural. Now, he knows that he needs me. More than that, we're friends.

 "Boy, sure is a good thing you drew me a picture," said the tattoo artist. He held Scott's piece of paper up, which only contained two roughly drawn, thick black lines. The artist was an older man, probably in his early fifties. His entire body was splattered with tattoos and his long, brown beard looked like it needed its own bottle of shampoo.

 "Hey, Scott," said Stiles. "Sure you don't want something like this?"

 He held up a large and intricate drawing of a reptilian-like creature. I rolled my eyes at its eerie similar-ness to the kanima. Scott gave him a look as well as the tattoo artist began cleaning off his arm.