17| my name's in flashing lights

CAIT SAT IN the leather seats of her limo while it drove past the flashing lights of cameras and the mass of people charging to get photographs of the celebrities

    She wiped her sweaty hands on the small handkerchief she had packed in her clutch and started to breathe in and out slowly. This was the first-ever major event she had been to before. Camila had asked her to be her date and of course, she had said yes. She was her best friend after all.

     "You'll be fine, não se preocupe ," she smiled over. Somehow Cami looked perfect. She could walk down the runway or red carpet from rolling out of bed and still look better than most people.

     "Is everybody else there already?" All Cait needed right now was to be with her friends. That seemed like the only thing that could calm her down.

     "There waiting so we can walk in together," she reapplied her lipstick, "you look amazing tonight, babes."

     "Cami, I'm getting a photo next to you, I'll look like a whale," she said to her best friend.

     Cami just stared at her blankly before bursting into a fit of laughter, "stop you'll make my mascara run."

     Before they knew it, they were both laughing like hyenas in the back of a limo.

     Cait and Camila walked down the red carpet together hand in hand. Flashing lights blinded them and people shouting their names distracted them.

     Both of them looked simply stunning and everybody they had walked past said so. Camila seemed to know most of them and Cait only knew of most of them. That's what happens though when you have suddenly been thrown into the big bag world of fame when a random model agent saw you working at your local café and decided, that face will make me money.

     The gang had regrouped and everyone complimented each other. Once again, KJ couldn't keep his eyes off Cait. She was gorgeous. She really was a masterpiece.

     They all walked onto the main walkway when a buzz began to flow around the room as if they were the eighth wonder of the world. All of them posed for the cameras and took their solo shots before Cait heard her name being called over for an interview. She happily obliged and began walking over to the woman in a tight smart blue dress with a microphone.

     "It has come to the public attention that you and the Riverdale cast have become quite close, would you agree?" She spoke into her mic and then put it up to Cait's mouth.

     "Yes, I mean, I would call them my best friends if that's what you're asking," she smiled gorgeously into the camera.

     "Even you and KJ?" The question burned her brain. Before she could reply she felt and soft hand on her lower back and she was pulled into KJ's side softly yet firmly.

     "I couldn't ask for a better friend," he smiled straight at the camera and winked.

     "So, there is nothing romantic between you two?" The reporter asked.

     Both of them looked at each other as if on cue. Their eyes wandered around each other's for a while trying to find an answer before Cait spoke up with confidence, "nope, just friends."

     She smiled and waved to the camera and began to walk back to her friends with him by her side, "so nothing?"

     "KJ, I need to talk to you about that, but later okay?" She asked gently and he nodded his head and gave her a reassuring smile.

     "Now let's get this party started!" Lili half-yelled as the doors opened for them and they walked into the auditorium theatre grabbing as many drinks as one could handle.

     Casey spoke, "we gonna get wasted."

     "You sure that's a good idea, Casey," Madelaine laughed, "remember last time at the wrap party?"

     "I do and we don't speak of it."

    "What happened?" Cait asked but everyone laughed and shrugged her off, "no tell me. Come on what happened to friendship," she whined and everyone just giggled at her trying to get answers.

     That night was full of laughs, memories and Cole somehow looking up Emma Watson's dress.

- • -

[11.3.17]