50| what a sad, beautiful, tragic love affair

ALL SHE COULD feel was the wind

ALL SHE COULD feel was the wind. Everything had gone numb and her mind was spinning in circles. Her heart physically hurt and her throat dry. She had never felt this way before and she didn't know why.

It was the sharp wind that snapped her out of her trance. She could hear cars honking from below and birds cawing when they flew above her. It was starting to rain and her image of the city was starting to blur.

The wind was becoming stronger and her legs weaker. She looked down and saw the cars driving to work or home to see their families.

Cait lost her family. She lost it as soon as she stood on the ledge. She was going to lose everything as soon as she fell. Then again, she already had.

It was now raining so hard that she couldn't distinguish what were her tears and what were raindrops. Her hands were shaking so much that she had to clenched her dress.

Multiple knocks were banging in the roof door but Cait didn't budge. She stared at the ground below just waiting for it to get closer.

She had tried. She had tried everything. She gave her everything. He was the first person that Cait said the three words to. Then he went and burned everything to the ground.

She didn't know what was going through her head when she walked up here. Maybe she was being irrational. Maybe she should hear what he has to say. But she couldn't. She just needed everything that she built up over the past couple of years out.

Cait began to wonder what the tabloids would say. Would they play her as the sick minded and insane woman? Would they place her as the victim? Would they even care?

The door burst open. Shouts were heard and footsteps smacked off the floor. Cait slowly turned around to see Hailey and Cole running to her.

"I'm sorry," her last tear dropped and she took in a deep breathe.

Then all she could feel was the wind.

- • -

[17.12.17]