44| i wish you knew that i'll never forget you

KJ SLAMMED THE door behind him and chucked a bag onto the bed

    KJ SLAMMED THE door behind him and chucked a bag onto the bed. He viciously threw clothes and whatever he could find into it. Cait came running in soon after with tears welling up in her eyes.

     "Keneti, what are you doing?" She whispered to him. She tried to stop the wavering in her voice but it seemed to dominate.

      "Don't call me that," he mumbled not trying to make any conversation with her.

     He had had enough. Every chance she got she was off strutting with her little friend. She seemed to blow KJ off every time. She was pushing him away and KJ knew she didn't care. She probably didn't even realize.

     "Keneti, you're scaring me," her breathing deepened and she stomped over to the bed and began to unpack his bag.

     "I said don't call me that," he shouted and she jumped. She had never seen him so angry.

     "KJ, please," she lightly pressed her hand on his and he stopped for a moment before flinging it away.

     "Have the last nine months meant nothing to you?" He threw his hands up in frustration.

     "What the hell are you talking about?" She cried.

     "Every fucking chance you get you're with him. Every time I need you you're with him," KJ screamed. He didn't care if the neighbors could hear he just needed to let everything out.

     "It's modeling! You're told how to pose and you do it! That's the only reason we meet up."

     "You could just tell them to stop making your shoots so sexual!" He screamed.

      "Oh don't you go there. What about the amount of sex scenes you have, huh?" She spoke through her teeth.

     "That's different," he pointed out.

     "No, Keneti, it's not."

     The real reason that Cait had been hanging out with Neels so much was not what he had been thinking. Cait knew how this would end. How they always end. She would get too close and she would trust them but they always left her broken. She was trying to push KJ away and it was working. It was supposed to make her feel better but somehow it was just leaving a gaping hole in her stomach.

     "You don't understand," Cait played with her fingers and looked down at the ground.

     "I've tried to Cait, I've tried to talk to you. Why won't you let me in?" KJ was talking much lower now but the anger was still there.

     "I can't. Every time I do it ends up like this. I'm stuck in a fucking cycle and I don't know how to get out of it. Everybody's right, I'm a fucking piece of shit that doesn't have any purpose in this world," she panted, "I know I push you away Keneti, that's the point. If someone is going to get hurt in this relationship I would pick me over you. I'd pick me over you a thousand times."

     KJ didn't know what to say. He just looks into her eyes and clenched his teeth. The brightness that had once occupied those beautiful eyes had somehow been extinguished. All that seemed to shine out of them was the reflection of her tears.

     "I love you, KJ, and that's what's killing me," she spoke with such quaintness that it was barely audible but boomed across the world for everyone to hear.

     KJ hadn't cried in front of Cait before but hearing those words made him break. That was the first time she had said that. He had told her over and over again but never got a reply. He knew that Cait needed time to tell him and he let her go at her own pace, but hearing them now made the joy spill out of him in the form of tears.

     Cait slowly proceeded to walk up to him and she laced her fingers with his. He dropped his head so their foreheads were leaning against each other's. She took in a deep breath and closed her eyes to stop and more of her tears falling.

     "I need you, KJ. You're the only thing that makes life worth living," she stated with her soft voice.

     "I'm breaking you," KJ whispered.

     "No, you're fixing me."

- • -

[12.13.17]