23| look up smiling at you

INCOMING CALL FROM keneti🌹

"hello, hello, hello"

"kj...it's like three in the morning, what's up"

"did i wake you"

"yeah, you sorta did"

"ah, shucks, i'm sorry cait i didnt mean to. i-i just wanted to her your voice"

"have you ran out of alcohol yet?"

"what do you mean?"

"how much have you drank keneti"

"maybe a bottle of vodka, but don't w-worry it wasn't raw. at least i think it wasn't, i don't really know"

"are at home okay?"

"maybe, i don't know. i'm sitting down if that helps"

"kj, what can you see?"

"a load of buildings. i can see a yellow one. who paints a building yellow? do you think they paint it that colour incase they lose it? it would be kinda hard to find a building if you lost it so i guess that's a pretty smart idea"

"*engine starts* that is a very smart idea kj, can you see anything else?"

"a little man with a sleeping bag. do you think he'll let me share his sleeping bag?"

"no, no kj don't move, okay? i'm coming for you right now"

"awk you're so sweet, you didn't have to-to come all the way out here for me"

"i'd do anything for you kj"

"does that mean you'll join our team because we really need you. we lost last year and we can't lose again"

"i'll think about it. hey, i think i see you, do you see my car"

"there is a car coming up to me, oh no cait it stopped, what if i die"

"don't worry it's only me. i'm going to hang up, okay?"

"i'll see you soon, bye *makes kissing sounds into phone*"

- • -

    CAIT JUMPED OUT of her car and jogged over to the man sitting cross-legged on the sidewalk

CAIT JUMPED OUT of her car and jogged over to the man sitting cross-legged on the sidewalk. His hair was messy and his jacket was sliding off his shoulder. When KJ's eyes met Cait's, he jumped up into her arms with excitement, "you aren't going to kill me, are you?"

Cait chuckled into his shoulder, "no, I'm here to take you home."

Cait moved out from the embrace and wrapped her arm around his waist, guiding him to the car. KJ had to be pushed into the car and Cait belted him up.

She moved around to her side and started the engine, "what were you doing out there all alone?"

"You know when you just wanna do something so you go ahead and do it anyway? I had one of those moments," KJ readjusted his position in his seat, "what's one thing you really want to do?"

"You won't remember anything I tell you, you know," Cait chuckled.

"I know but I want hear it anyway," KJ was beginning to slur his words more and it looked like he could pass out any minute.

"Lie outside on the grass," Cait began, "a cold night so I could wrap myself in a blanket but not too cold that I don't enjoy it. I'd project an old classic movie onto a wall like Casablanca or something and talk under the stars."

Cait say smiling as she drove. When she didn't get an indication of a reply, she turned her head to se KJ passed out leaning his head against the window.

When she arrived at his apartment, she had to drag his body to his door and drop him onto his bed. KJ was floating in and out of consciousness and speaking random things about ducks.

Cait giggled to herself as she was taking off the man's shoes and tucking him into bed. She turned around to leave when a hand clasped around her wrist, "stay," KJ croaked out. Cait was going to protest but he whispered before she could speak, "please."

Cait found herself being pulled down to the bed and covered with a blanket. She snuggled into KJ's side who was already asleep. Although he wasn't going to remember anything, she couldn't help but feel something floating in her stomach.

- • -

[11.23.17]