Chapter 19

Daryl's pov

dumbass dumbass dumbass. That's what I am. Maybe it's better this was. But why do I feel so horrible? Damn! I watched as she disappeared into the woods and started walking back to my tent. I walked in and saw the sleeping bag we both slept in last night and smiled. I walked over to her tent and went through her bag, taking out one of her shirts. I sniffed it, ya I know it's dumb, but it smelled like her and that calmed me down.

"where's kayla?" I heard a small voice ask.

I jumped a little and threw her shirt real quick back In her bag till I looked at Carl.

"Ran into the woods." I said.

"what ya doing in here then?" He asked.

damn this kid was nosy.

i scoffed And rolled my eyes.

"Why did she run into the woods?" He asked sitting next to me.

"she's upset." I said.

"daryl? Why do you like to hurt her?" He asked.

damn that pissed me off! I was about to blow up on the kid, but after thinking about it he was right. That's all I ever do.

"she really likes you. You should go apologies." He said.

"she probably wouldn't even talk to me." I said.

" I think she would. No matter how much you hurt her, she comes back to you cause she loves you. And you love her." He said.

damn kid. Pressure. Was he right? Does she love me? Now that I think about it, she does show it. But hell do I love her? Never felt love before. This kid was wise for his age.

"go get her daryl. Bring my sister back." He said.

i gave him a little smile and go up to leave her tent.

"Hey daryl?" He asked and I turned to him.

"if kayla asks I beat you up ok?" He said.

I Arched an eyebrow at him.

"I said if you hurt her again I'd beat you up." He blushed not making eye contact with me. Clearly nervous of my reaction.

"whatever ya say little man." I said.

He looked up and smiled as I walked over to ruffle his hair. Then I heard something that made my whole worl stop.

"Daryl!"

it was kayla. It wasn't any ordinary scream though. It was spine trembling. I've never heard anything like it. I looked to the boy who's eyes were wide and his face as white as a ghost.

"Carl get back to the house in case your dad comes back!" I yelled starting to run towards the woods.

"no I wanna come with! " he yelled back.

I turned and looked at him very quickly to show how serious I was. He understood and ran to the house. I ran as fast as I could towards the scream. Please don't be dead.