Chapter Five: Daddykins

"Andddd finished!" I close my laptop and collapse on my bed. My 10,000 word essay done. Now I can just close my eyes and relax...

My door bursts open. "HEIDIKINS!" 

I know that voice!

"DADDYKINS!" I jump out of bed and give him a tight hug. Don't judge me, he's been gone for like two weeks!

He chuckles. "Struggling. To. Breathe. Kiddo."

I let go and give him a sheepish smile. "Sorry, I just really missed you Dad."

"I missed you too sweetheart." He ruffles my hair. "Now let's go wake Ryan up."

I smirk. "Do you have the whipped cream and blow horn?"

He lifts them up and gives me a devilish grin. "Always."

Boy did I miss this guy.

***

"So, how's the basketball team coming along Ryan? I heard one of the players is down." Dad asks Ryan.

Ryan sighs. "Yeah, our main shooter is down. He broke his leg and it doesn't look like he's going to be playing any time soon."

"Isn't there a substitute?" 

He stabs his food. "The substitutes suck. If we don't find ourselves a decent shooter in the next week we can kiss goodbye to the championship trophy."

Dad turns his attention to me. "Heidi, how's music going?"

I look up with my mouth full of lasagne. "It's going great." I say but all that comes out is some form of gibberish.

Ryan looks over at me in disgust. "Can I just say Dad, your daughter is a pig."

I swallow and throw a tomato at him. "Hey!"

He catches it in his mouth effortlessly. I frown. "Show off."

Ryan sticks his tongue out at me and I do the same.

Dad laughs and shakes his head at us. "You guys still act the exact same as you did when you were five. It never fails to amaze me."

I smile. "How was your business trip anyways Dad?"

He gets up and puts the dishes into the dishwasher. "Yeah it was good. I got to meet lots of very nice people."

Ryan and I both help him clear up the table. Ryan asks "Did the mail come today?"

I shrug.

"I'll go check. I'm expecting something anyways." Dad closes the tap and leaves the kitchen.

I start drying the dishes and pass them to Ryan to put away in the cupboard.

"HEIDI ELIZABETH ALAIA THOMPSON!" Dad shouts.

I nearly drop the dishes. Ryan looks over at me. "Damn he even used your full name."

Dad storms into the kitchen and shows me a piece of paper. "Explain this!"

I read the paper out loud. "Dear Mr Thompson, you have gone over your credit card limit by $5000. This is why we are now terminating your bank account...."