Chapter Thirteen: Leidi

"I've come to terms with the fact that you both hate each other." Stella glares at me and do the same. "But a food fight, seriously?!"

"She started it!" We both point our fingers at one another.

"Enough!" Principle Mills raises his hand. "Now you're both going to have to face consequences for your actions."

Stella gets her phone out. "If daddy hears about th-"

"Miss Olsen, I've spoken to your father and he's fine with it." She huffs and puts her phone away. Ha!

He must've noticed me smiling to myself. "This goes for you too Heidi." I wipe the smile off my face and look down.

"Student council."

"What?"

"You're both going to join the Student Council team and organise this year's Back to School Formal."

Formal. The word sends a shiver down my spine.

Now I'm not a pessimist, but the idea of spending hundred of dollars on a dress that you're going to wear for two hours bothers me. So does the fact that girls make it their mission to get a guy to ask them to prom. It's one night that they prepare for all their high school lives.

Please, the only thing I want to be doing on formal night is ordering Chinese and watching Netflix.

What kind of school even has a formal right at the start of the year?

"Sorry to burst your bubble Principle, but the Queen of the Formal can't be organising it?"

Cry me a river, Stella.

"The formal is for the whole school Stella, not just you."

I look over at Principle Mills. "I'm not even going to the formal so I don't really want to be organising it-"

Stella scoffs. "That's because no one wants to ask you."

I shoot her a glare. "Well at least I don't have to beg-"

He slams a book down on the table. "This is why you're both going to work with together and learn how to tolerate one another. Understood?"

"But-"

"Understood?" He shouts.

I nod quickly, not wanting to face any more consequences, and Stella does the same.

***

"So how'd it go?" Taylor asks me whilst we sit on the bleachers with Gigi.

"We have to organise the formal together."

"That's amazing!" Taylor smiles, until she notices my frown.

"This is a bad thing?"

"To Heidi who hates anything and everything to do with prom, yep it's pretty bad." Gigi voices my feelings before I have to.

Taylor looks horrified when Gigi tells her this.

"But you get to dress up and take cute pictures! You have to go!"