Chapter Twenty Two: Rock n Roll Dudes

"The things I do for you Landon freaking Knight..." I mumble whilst trying to make a pillow Heidi, and covering her with my duvet.

I take a step back and look at my bed. Eh it's believable.

After changing into a plain white tee, some ripped mom jeans and an oversized jacket, I slowly open my window carefully not making a sound. The cool night breeze hits my face, making me shiver.

I look down at my outfit and smile, whilst slipping on my Doc Martens. I mean, if Landon's planning on killing me tonight, I rather die in style amirite?

I quickly, and quietly, hop out and hold onto the pipe next to my window. It's now or never. I swiftly climb down ninja style, but since I'm Heidi Thompson my efforts go into vain. I not so gracefully drop to the floor, injuring my butt in the process.

"Happy thoughts, Heidi..." I remind myself, as all I can think about is killing Landon for persuading me to come out at this time.

"Jesus Christ, you're about as graceful as a hippo." Landon scoffs.

I turn around to see him leaning on his stupidly perfect, black mustang that I wished I owned.

"Ha ha very funny." I glare at him. "I thought I was meeting you there?"

"Well, your Dad would've noticed your missing car, and I don't exactly want you getting a bus alone at like 11pm. So here I am! Thank me in cuddles and kisses. Kisses will be preferable." He winks, whilst puckering up.

I laugh and push his face away from me lightly. "No to both of those options. But nice to know you care enough to get me yourself."

"Don't flatter yourself, Gem."

He opens the door to his car that probably costs more than anything I own, and I slip in carefully not wanting to ruin the crisp leather seats.

He fixes the rear view mirror and smiles. "How are you today, Baby?"

My eyes widen and I turn my head rapidly towards him.

My dumbstruck expression earns me a loud laugh from the jerk. "I was talking to the car Gem, but if you like that nickname so much maybe I'll start calling you Baby."

Not wanting to embarrass myself more, I turn my head and face the window.

"In your dreams Knight."

***

We finally arrive at what looks like an old warehouse. Landon parks slowly, being careful not to scratch his car, I mean his 'baby'.

Before I can voice my concerns as to why we're here, he beats me to it. "I'm not going to kill you. I'm not going to kidnap you. You'll see why we're here when we get inside."

"How did you-"

He smiles and taps my head. "I can easily work out what's going on in that pretty little head of yours. Now cmon."

I quietly follow him, a nervous pit forming in my stomach. As if noticing my unease, Landon slips his hand into mine, the small gesture warming my heart. I notice the way our hands fit perfectly together and wonder if he sees the same thing. Probably not.