Chapter Seventeen: Yes

"Either my face is really horrifying or you want to slap me..." Mason tries to guess.

To be honest, I don't know what my face even looks like right now. I'm as shocked as Dwayne Johnson when Moonlight won the oscar and not La La Land.

"I- uh... uh."

"SAY YES!" Carter shouts from behind me.

Soon everyone starts chanting. "SAY YES! SAY YES! SAY YES!" I mean everyone except Ryan who's silently chanting "Say no!"

I turn my attention back to Mason and smile. Mason Parker really wants to go to the formal with me and the thought somehow makes my heart do a little happy dance. So I say the words everyone wants to hear.

"Yes."

***

Click. Click.

The same sound, which I've been hearing for the past hour, rings in my ears.

"Closer!"

"Smile!"

I manage to upturn the corners of my mouth, yet again, for one of the thousandth photographs Dad and Tracy aka Mason's mom have taken.

"Mason, put your arms around Heidi's waist!" Tracy scolds.

"I can't with Mr Thompson glaring at me like that!" Mason throws his hands up defeatedly.

"Hey I'm a father what do you expect!"

I roll my eyes at my dad's antics and nudge Mason. "Do we still have to go?"

"I honestly don't even think we'll even get out the door at this rate."

Ryan finally strides down the stairs in his crisp, navy blue tuxedo. I mean my brother's gross but even I have to admit, that is one nice tuxedo.

"Dee, I know I'm hot and all but it's just wrong to be drooling over your brother." He says casually whilst adjusting the cufflinks on his suit.

"I wish I could Thanos snap you out of existence." I say whilst shoving him.

He lightly pushes me off. "Hey hey! Hands away from the tux!"

"Can we just go already or do you need to blow dry your hair again?"

"You know I could've just taken Dee-"

Ryan quickly interjects before Mason can finish. "Excuse me I'm gonna be chaperoning both of you. Kids these days just can't be trusted, right Dad?"

"I agree with your brother."

"He's the same age as us!" I whine.

Ryan places his hand on his heart. "Thank you Daddy."

"But you've known Mason for like 8 years!"

"Eh he's still a overly hormonal teenage boy."

"Right here Sir." Mason chimes.

"Shut up Mason." The three of us shout in unison.

He puts his hands up defensively. "I'll be in the car."

I watch as Mason picks up Ryan keys and quickly jogs out to the car. You see any normal guy would've ran away from our crazy family at this point, but Mason had been part of the family for years.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of Ryan gagging next to me. I shove him hard in the chest.

"Don't stare at my best friend like that."

"I hate you so much." I huff whilst fixing my dress.

It was an ankle-length greenish-blue gown made of soft, satiny fabric.

"Go on kids. Have a good time." Dad smiles, leading us both out of the door.

Ryan narrows his eyes. "You totally just wanna binge watch the Kardashians."

"Bye!" He waves and shuts the door before we can protest.

Boy do we have a weird dad...

Ryan calls shotgun, resulting in me sitting in the back of his dirty car.

I shift uncomfortably and try to move something underneath me. I manage to dig out a box of... condoms?

"Why do you have a box of condoms back here?"

"Are you really asking that question?"

"Gross, did you wash the seats."

"Probably not." He shrugs.

"Ew!" I jump, hitting my head on the car roof.

They both laugh hysterically. Stupid stupid boys.

This night surely cannot get any worse.

____________________________________________

FINALLY AN UPDATE. SHORT BUT AN UPDATE!

I promise next chapter will be a lot better and we'll see some Landon ;)

Vote, comment and share!

~H <3