viii. her voice

────── 🎶─────

────── 🎶─────

"Heaven, heaven, heaven, heaven, heaven."

Aimeé crossed the street as she hummed a song she was writing. Her family were in Paris for the holidays, and her parents left her alone to sightsee to meet with their old high school friend.

She continued singing softly, ignoring the people around her and didn't notice someone walked past her, but stopped when he heard her sing.

She didn't know why, but she swore she suddenly felt her heart flutter inside her chest for the first time.

She stopped singing for a moment before shrugging carelessly, ignoring what she felt and continued humming her song.

🎶

Aimeé watched fondly as children played around the Jardin des Tuileries. She quickly stepped away when a little boy almost bumped into her for running too fast and didn't see her.

She sat on a bench to rest and closed her eyes to take in the cold December air, but quickly opened when she heard guitar playing and beatboxing nearby.

As soon as she stood up from her bench, someone else sat on it. She saw a group of teenagers and glanced around and saw people were just passing by. She grinned as she walked over to them.

"Bonjour!" she greeted.

The teenagers stopped performing and glanced at each other before greeting her back.

Aimeé playfully winked at them and started singing.

DJ play my song on the radio
Lifts me up when I'm feeling low
Drop the beat and play it again
Play it again yeah

She smirked smugly before she started rapping.

Watch me take it up, then I break it down
I don't play sports, but it's a touchdown
I don't blend in, I I'm a black sheep
And even then, ha, they still follow me

The teenagers gawked at her before grinning each other and backed her up as a crowd slowly formed around them.

I rock the race stripes, go, go and check my closet
Never share the guap, go and check my wallet
I'm a comet, out of this planet
Sitting on the throne, and these haters can't stand it

She clapped her hands up in the air as the crowd followed.

DJ play my song on the radio
Lifts me up when I'm feeling low
Drop the beat and play it again
Play it again yeah
DJ spin it back
If you feeling me
The 808 track is all I need
Drop the beat and play it again
Play it again yeah